Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from television/television.

Options
  • 25-02-2006 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

i have no idea why. i asked "celticfc" and he said that he hadn't banned me.
    he did ban me before and for a valid reason too, but he then lifted the ban after a few months. i checked my posts there and didn't see anything that would warrant a ban.
    if i did do something wrong, could one of the mods please tell me what it was?
    i'm not going to throw a hissy fit. i would just like to know what led to me being banned.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You HAVE to throw a hissy fit. The thread is pointless otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

really?
    ok. al u mods r teh suxx0r. i hate u all nd ur gonna feel my power wen i see u all on teh street and kick ur asses.

that good enough? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

That's perfect. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

amp wrote:
    That's perfect. Well done.

your perfect well done to your mam and dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

maybe your banned because you watch too much of the telly, either that or have a good look over your posts, maybe you offended someone or posted something thats against the charter.

• Advertisement

i didn't offend anyone or go against the charter.
    must be that i watch too much telly (and i do).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

julep wrote:
    i didn't offend anyone or go against the charter.
    must be that i watch too much telly (and i do).

you offended me

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If the mod doesn't know why then perhaps he could undo your ban if you ask him. I doubt an admin or Smod would ban you from a single forum.

Can people who are not helping, not post? thanks.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

FYI julep - you are banned from Television/Television and you have in the past been banned from the TV category. It may have been due to this nugget. But I'm not sure why suddenly you have been banned from TV/TV. My advice is to first pm the moderators - therefore pm byte.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If I read anything else like that from you Julep you wont be able to access any boards. Take your "public service" to your own website.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Aha! so it was not from watching too much TV but the MR M!

/me wanders off singing for british eyes onlyyyyyyy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You're not helping Asok! And neither am I

Gordon wrote:
    FYI julep - you are banned from Television/Television and you have in the past been banned from the TV category. It may have been due to this nugget. But I'm not sure why suddenly you have been banned from TV/TV. My advice is to first pm the moderators - therefore pm byte.
    i was banned for that by celticfc at the time. he lifted the ban after i promised not to do that again (i will admit to not having read the charter at that time).
    DeVore wrote:
    If I read anything else like that from you Julep you wont be able to access any boards. Take your "public service" to your own website.

DeV.

see above.
    i wasn't a regular here at the time and wasn't aware of the rules regarding torrents. i know ignorance of the law is not a valid defence, but it's all i have. i am now aware of these rules and will not be breaking them again.

the current ban is a recent one that i have not been notified about.
    i've PM'd the other two moderators. just waiting for a reply now.
    again, if i did do something that offended someone or broke any of the other rules, then i will take the ban an not question it any further.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

julep wrote:
    i wasn't a regular here at the time and wasn't aware of the rules regarding torrents.

Not 100% your fault as it can be confusing around here at times.

Torents to TV shows aren't allowed but links to football matches streamed by bittorrent seem to be ok :)

I don't know why you were banned Julep, I'll try and find out. My comment was just about the previous posts, which you have explained...

DeV.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I haven't personally banned you, and I'm still looking into why you were.

But, I have unbanned you. You should have access again now.

thanks, folks. much appreciated.

and now to heap praise upon myself:
    see what being nice gets you?
    calling the mods **** for banning you will get you nowhere. asking them nicely why you were banned and if they would mind lifting the ban works very nicely.
    stop taking things personally. if you broke the rules, then you probably deserved to be banned.
    if i did break any rules, then i'm sure byte will find out about it and reinstate the ban. and rightly so.

byte, i suggest asking the other tele mod. (not celticfc. the other one whose name escapes me right now.) celticfc was the first person i asked and he didn't know anything about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wow, a thread in Feedback resulting in an un-ban...!

In future, if I get banned I know what to do :v:

;)

julep wrote:
    thanks, folks. much appreciated.

and now to heap praise upon myself:
    see what being nice gets you?
    calling the mods **** for banning you will get you nowhere. asking them nicely why you were banned and if they would mind lifting the ban works very nicely.
    stop taking things personally. if you broke the rules, then you probably deserved to be banned.
    if i did break any rules, then i'm sure byte will find out about it and reinstate the ban. and rightly so.

byte, i suggest asking the other tele mod. (not celticfc. the other one whose name escapes me right now.) celticfc was the first person i asked and he didn't know anything about it.
    No no we're c*nts who want to control everyones free speech... thats why we created this site!

I think a lot of people around here (particularly the dyed-in-the-wool posters who support us so strongly) understand this and have seen the polite approach work before (the the narky approach descend into annihiliation), hence the common exasperation when yet another "crusade to set my people free" starts.

Case closed but good for future reference for others I think.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

its just like the film "The Net", f*ck with the mods and admins and your name will be wreaked, then one day when you decide to log in your boards world has been deleted.
    Boards is so powerfull even the media are afraid, they also rob sh*t from us aswell :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement