Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Whistling man

Options
  • 25-02-2006 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

anybody know this chap?

he goes around whistling & making wierd noises-
    he came into the bar i work in & started playing piano- V.V.good

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

jake stevens! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

wow, didn't know he could play piano, not to mention v.v. good. Always thought he was just yet another talentless bum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Nope, quite a talented musician, then he went mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Another superhero to add to the list alongside "The man with no arms" and "Knacker Dward"

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That's Gerry Mulholland, brother of John (the bookie and councillor). He well-known for being an extremely talented pianist — he plays in the Salthill Hotel and places like that.

Some sort of mental illness ... he goes like that when he's off his medication. He set up Hedgeschool's in Africa in the past and think he still goes over there on charity work.

Lovely guy, certainly wouldn't put him in the same category as Knacker Dwarf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

HavoK wrote:
    Another superhero to add to the list alongside "The man with no arms" and "Knacker Dward"

roffle! We should have a characters of Galway stickeh!

Is that the dude who sells those bird-chirping things?

Or are we on about the guy who also does the one-man band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Right, I heard this about 2 years ago from an Aussie hippy and at the time I didnt believe it but it's a good story anyway. Apparently whistlin' willie was campaigning as a human rights activist somewhere in Africa and was arrested and imprisoned by the oppresive government. Unfortunately something about being stuck in a small cell for several years turned him into the bird-call expert we all know and love

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cityboy

Went to Calcutta and set up a charity for homeless street kids...Had a hit here in the 80's with his song Galway Bay....Has forgotten more musically than most of the "artists" in this town .....hey,and he is a nice guy too....Don't shame him by telling everyone he is related to John Mull!!
    Salthill born and bred...one of our own....not a newbie blowin!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Buckfast wrote:
    He well-known for being an extremely talented pianist

I bet he says that to all the girls... thank you thank you, I'm here all week. Try the veal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I bet he says that to all the girls... thank you thank you, I'm here all week. Try the veal!

is he really old and wears a german army jacket?

Advertisement