Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hibernian or Quinn Direct?

Options
  • 25-02-2006 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Have been with QD for last 2 years, need to renew and Hibernian have a similiar quote, about €13 cheaper but they're around €1500 for me & parents in 01 Golf SDI (I'm 21 with full licence). Should I switch to Hibernian? I've heard you're screwed if in an accident under QD and that others such as Hibernian are more reliable, but is it worth changing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Puff Puff Pass

faigs wrote:
    Have been with QD for last 2 years, need to renew and Hibernian have a similiar quote, about €13 cheaper but they're around €1500 for me & parents in 01 Golf SDI (I'm 21 with full licence). Should I switch to Hibernian? I've heard you're screwed if in an accident under QD and that others such as Hibernian are more reliable, but is it worth changing?
    Loyalty means nothing with Insurance companies so throw that out the window. Quinn are supposed to be difficult to deal with when it comes to claims - ie. they can go to great lengths to avoid paying out a claim(So Im told)

Best thing to do is tell the two insurance companies that the other offered you a quote €100 cheaper than there's and will they match it. I'd put my house on it that they both will match it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Well, from what I've heard (and read) I'd much rather be with Hibernian than with QD if I needed to make a claim... Someone once said to me that QD are the Ryanair of car insurance.
    As for the matching of quotes my renewal from Hibernian this year was the cheapest of all the major insurers except for a quote from Tesco (underwritten by Hibernian) that was over 40 euro cheaper and no matter how hard I pushed Hibernian they would not budge on the renewal price, even when I threatened to cancel the policy. (Exact same policy and options).
    If I were you I would, as already suggested, try to knock them down in price and see how you get on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

defo hibernian, im with them for last 3 years and are great help whenever i ask questions. and quinn are hard to deal with and claim off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

i did the ignition thingy with hibernan and they only €780 this year on a 02 307 1.4 with 5 yrs NCB quinn gave similar quote but have heard some horror stories so stayed where i was with hibernan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the only thing about hibernian is you have to pass the ignition test but its easy, once thats passed then they are abit cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

You should also check what extra options is covered in each policy.

Some will offer Windscreen cover, legal cover, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

drdre wrote:
    the only thing about hibernian is you have to pass the ignition test but its easy, once thats passed then they are abit cheap.

No you don't. You CAN do it but it only applies to cars 1.6 and under.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Hibernian gets my vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

would touch quinn direct again if my life depended on them, the "ryanair of car insurance" is very apt

why not go with 123.ie?

Advertisement