Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STOP THE PRESS... Guess What's Back?!...

• 25-02-2006 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭

... Wibbly Wobbly Wonders! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep.. one of the favourite ice-creams of my childhood has been brought back..

... well, according to my girlfriend who apparently saw a sign up advertising them in a local store. But couldn't find them anywhere on sale.

Yummy.. remember the yellow jelly in the bottom.

Anyone else seen them around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jeep

Oh I loved them!! and do you remember the Dracula Icepop? think they were black and red or am I just delerious from lack of sleep:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

What a great ice cream,I always wished they would make a full tub of the jelly bit on top!!It looks like melty hands for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

jeep wrote:
    Oh I loved them!! and do you remember the Dracula Icepop? think they were black and red or am I just delerious from lack of sleep:confused:

I love them too! I hope they are still selling them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Used love Wibbly Wobbly Wonders as a kid, sadly I haven't seen em around in some time.

Do ye remember Fat Frogs? They were green ice pops, shaped like a frog (obviously) and mounted on a stick..... they were lovely too!!! Are they still around? Haven't have an ice pop in years, usually Magnum I go for!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah.. they revived Fat Frogs a year or two back (possibly due to the fascination of that vile alcohol drink) and proceeded to hear the one thing i hate when a product is brought back onto the market.. yep, i can hear it now..

* Everyone, say it with me *

"These <insert product here> are not as big as they used to be" :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Wibbly Wobbly Wonders are definately back ok.

I went across road with a mate after church today, he ws getting the paper, and as I was waiting for him I noticed a sign on the ice cream fridge advertising that they were back.

My mate seems to remember they took em off the market cos of the jelly in it or something was questionable. Think it had something to do with the gelotine or something like that.

Cheers for the confirmation memphis!

I definantly saw the sign too but haven't seen the actual product anywhere yet! :(

Have seen a couple of new products - Mint Magnum etc. But no W.W.W!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Yayyyyyy! *dances a bit*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

eughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

banana icecream, frozen jelly!

asgusting

Blasphamy! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Damn thread title suspense, I was genuinely excited....but I hate those WWWs

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

There rotten, all slimey and goey, give me a red robin hood anyday. Not the orange ones though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hurrah!! I loved Wibbly Wobbly Wonders, as well as Loop the Loops.

There's nothing like those cheap ice-creams to cheer you up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

dudara wrote:
    Hurrah!! I loved Wibbly Wobbly Wonders, as well as Loop the Loops.

There's nothing like those cheap ice-creams to cheer you up!
    They sneakily changed the shape of Loop the Loops when nobody was looking! I was most displeased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭kirving

And the chocolate! HB, the traitors!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Freakin' Sweet!! My iced jelly cravings can finally be quenched!

Update on these:

Myself and my girlfriend finally saw them on sale in a shop today - didn't get one myself as i wasn't feeling too well but girlfriend had one and said it was lovely. The ice cream and jelly are exactly how she remembered it

- are inevitable somewhat smaller but are they actually smaller, or did they just look larger when we were kids?! :confused: Not a bad price at 80c either.

Oh.. and for those in the Sligo area, we found them in Conways on High Street (across from The Friary)

Advertisement