Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweden vs Finland Olympic Icehockey final

Options
  • 25-02-2006 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Which is the greatest team? We'll find out on Sunday ;)
    Finland beat Russia 4-0
    Sweden beat the Czechs 7-3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

yeah it will be an interesting game, historically Sweden are up there with Russia, USA, Canada and the Czech Republic as the top 5 Ice Hockey nations over time, but lately Finland have really shown they are too a top-class Ice Hockey nation and are on excellent form going into this game.

wouldn't put a bet on who'll win this one as it should be close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

helsinki is at fever pitch at the moment about it - the last time finland beat sweden in a big big hockey match (1995 world champ.) apparently the whole country went nuts. beating them in the olympics would be even bigger. should be a good laugh to see the city tmrw if they do win. fingers crossed.

dw

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

In Galway some of us are collecting in Mixer's bar on Mary Street to see it. They said that they would show the game but it may conflict with the soccer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Zlatan

I will ahve my eyes glued to it tomorrow! Its so great to have a Dream Nordic final! I always love to put one ovr on the Finns but will be a great occassion for Scandinavia no matter who wins

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For all of you that couldn't watch it - Sweden 3, Finland 2! Very civilised and close game, could have gone either way. Truly nerve wrecking. The Fins (sp) had better power play but the Swedes prevailed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

the finnish team got back late into helsinki last night. there was an open air show for them in the kauppatori (market square) down in the centre - right beside the swedish embassy :)

lots of people turned up to see it, it was live on telly - the crazy thing about it was that it was on from 0130 until just after 3am and the temperature was about -15c :) imagine how crazy it would have been if the finns won!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

The Swedes had the advantage as soon as they got into the final, the psychological advantage. Finns wanted anyone but Sweden in the final. Finland have had nothing but bad luck, well I should say bad play, against Sweden in the past and this Olympic final proved it again. It's just not fair. Sweden come back with 7 golds and Finland 0. Greedy Swedes :mad:

And then Palander misses out on silver in the slalom due to being DQed for not rounding the pole :(

At least the Curlers gave Finland a surprise silver :eek:

Now where did I put those stones??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Zlatan

Great win for Sweden and I bet our welcome home party for out Gold Medalists and Silver medalists in Womens hockey in Stockholm! A greta occasion it was! Well done lads!

Advertisement