Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My friend maybe dealing again

• 25-02-2006 5:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi im a long time poster on boards and have to log out for this one just to protect my identity just incase things come against me.

Well the story is my friend who i work with used to be into drugs, using them aswell as dealing them and up to the last year has as i assumed off the whole issue of drugs and basically starting fresh. So he has been working with a lad who we work with on various jobs and is an all round nice lad, he would never see you in trouble so to speak, ie: stuck for a screwdriver he would jump and go out of his way to get ya one asap.
    But untill recent i was at a party with him as one of the invited crew and i had my sister with me.
    Now the guy in question is basically mad, as in he is very extrovert, kinda wears his heart on his sleave so to speak, but in conversation with my sister he brought up his past and said he used to be a drug dealer, so my sister being the sensable one said "oh well your not now which is good", he then made a call saying in the middle of it that he could get her crack as in cocaine.

My worry is in working with this lad for so long i dont know who he is now and to trust him anymore. I knew about his past but gave the guy a chance as i heard he was clean and starting over from scratch.

My other opinion is was it just the drink making him more open as he usually would be?

I know the guy so well that now i dont know who he is but still want to give him a chance but still i cant forgive him for what he done towards my sister.

Sorry if this feels to open but i just want someones opinion in if they have also maybe experienced a friend or family in the same boat.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Just speak with him directly and honestly. Tell him you like working with him and you think he's a sound bloke. But tell him your sister mentioned something to you that's made you feel more than a little concerned. Tell him that whatever he did in the past is in the past, but that whether he was just spoofing or not, never to offer drugs to any of your friends/family, even as a joke.

Tell him that you're sorry if your sister got the wrong end of the stick but that you're being honest with him so the two of you can avoid any misunderstanding in the future.

If he's a decent enough lad, he'll understand that you're just watching out for your loved ones and want to make sure your friendship with him isn't going to be screwed up over a misunderstanding. I think that sounds reasonable enough?

Gil

Advertisement