Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying international property - which agency to go with?

Options
  • 25-02-2006 5:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Open up any daily newspapaer and there seems to be a new agency every week trying to sell foreign property but which of them have good reputations? Im thinking about buying in either Turkey, Portugal or Bulgaria. I want to try and get something sorted before SSIA's mature and everyone hops on the wagon and thus shoots the prices sky high.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Widget

I would preceed with extreme caution! Don't get involved with any agencies - go out independently and have a look around. Primetime had a recent show about people getting their fingers badly burnt in Spain - losing tens of thousands of EUROS - and now stuck with property they can't sell. My brother was in the Costa del Sol last week and he said there are thousands of apartments available with people accepting way below their asking price to offload - it has the makings of a crash. I am sure that the problems that occured in Spain will occur elsewhere because people think they will miss out if they don't move fast

Advertisement