Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Broadband - Castleknock - ?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Just received this e-mail:

Hi,

You will be contacted by eircom shortly regarding your issues, however I have now again tested your line for Broadband and your line is now passing, subject to confirmation.
    Please contact our sales department on 1800-503303 if you wish to place an order.

With Thanks
    Maria Jonsson
    eircom Customer Care

...I'll keep you all posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

They've been reading boards.ie then? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

sorry to drag this up but how did you get on?

Sorted?

Am trying to get broadband in the Georgian Village, but no Digiweb/NTL/Magnet etc available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

STaN wrote:

Sorted?

Am trying to get broadband in the Georgian Village, but no Digiweb/NTL/Magnet etc available

that can't be right ! I've a friend in the Georgian Village who has Eircom DSL!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

STaN wrote:

Sorted?

Probably a problem with their line. Did they have it retested by eircom recently?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Not sure if anyone still cares but one relatively easy thing to try is to disconnect any sockets other than the main socket. If the house has poor wiring, this will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I'm down near Castleknock College and as soon as the Blanch exchange went BB enabled I got onto Eircom to order BB. All I got was the excuse of " line not suitable mantra" from Eircom. I also e-mailed the PK show and Eircom contacted me afterwards but that was 6 mths ago and they had no good news for me, line not suitable again although they did explain the reasoning behind the line failure. As the house is fairly old and I'm not in an estate I went along with this pissed off as I was. Then to my surprise about 2 months ago I checked the line and I got the "subject to confirmation msg" for the first time. I rang Eircom and lo and behold I now have BB albeit a 1MB connection that will probably not be able to take a faster connection but its a lot better than dialup. So there is hope. When I could not get BB I checked all the wireless solutions but none were available for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm still on NTL but I know a good few in Laurel Lodge on Eircom, but they never had a problem with getting it. I was thinking I might get better value changing mine to a better phone/broadband package/bundle. I'm not a heavy user, and I don't download that much. Haven't had time to do any homework on it recently.

Drapper reckons a lot of failed lines now pass in Riverwood, but I've yet to get it checked properly. Drapper how did your switch NTL to eircom workout in the end? I thought you had some issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I'm still on NTL but I know a good few in Laurel Lodge on Eircom, but they never had a problem with getting it. I was thinking I might get better value changing mine to a better phone/broadband package/bundle. I'm not a heavy user, and I don't download that much. Haven't had time to do any homework on it recently.

Drapper reckons a lot of failed lines now pass in Riverwood, but I've yet to get it checked properly. Drapper how did your switch NTL to eircom workout in the end? I thought you had some issues?

I still have both as I'm not too excited about the signal levels on Eircom in our area! I'm on the months free 3mb service and it kida hard to go back from 6 - 3mb. I note from chatting to the engineer, Eircom are enabling "50 / 50" telephone lines that do not get 100% dsl signal! just to get punters!

I hang on for another few weeks and see what happens, if NTL peer in Ireland I might ditch Eircom! Pings are perfect on Eircom, but I get one cut off each evening !

Eircom will be rolling out DSL+ in a number of ocations and Blanch may be the piolet before Crimbo! so we will se how it goes!

Advertisement