Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DirectX or Graphics drivers - games are crashing!

• 25-02-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

As of the last month or two half my games have been crashing within about 20-30 minutes play, though sometimes it's much quicker. The main culprits are Battle for Middle Earth and Sniper Elite, the latter never gives an error message when it crashes, but BfME gives me this.

dxerror0nb.png

If I try to restart either game after it crashes I get this error.

directxerror21vx.png

After running dxdiag everything shows up fine apart from testing Direct3D
    Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
    Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
    Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)

Now after I reboot - all games will start up properly, and dxdiag shows no faults with anything.

I've resintalled DX9c twice - doesn't change a thing, then I tried uninstalling my graphics drivers, running driver cleaner, then reinstalling the drivers. That sorted the problem for about a day - then back again to crashing every 20 minutes.

I'm totally stumped - I have a feeling this is gonna require a reformat... which I don't wanna do as I've just got everything reinstalled from my last format - and my DVD drive is on the blink so can't use my back up disk.

Oh yeah - here's my system spec.

WindowsXP Home SP2
    P4 Northwood 3.06GHz 133FSB
    Asus P4S533-X Mobo
    1GB DDR 2700
    BFG - Nvidia Geforce 6600GT

Everything has the latest drivers.

Comments

Advertisement