Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Userbars

Options
  • 25-02-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of making my own userbar, but the suggested package to make them is abode photoshop. I do not have this, but would like to make one. Does anyone have any idea where I could get free programme to start off with. Or does anyone have any advice?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

since they're not the most complicated of graphics in the world (you're basically taking a graphic that exists - eg. photo of a psp - and adding a small font to it) you can technically use any software out there. but to get that shiny tingey effect photoshop is your best man - as is JASC paint shop pro.

basically, you need software that can work with layers. paint shop pro has a free trial afaik. also, go to easons and look at the graphics magazines. usually find something cool on the disc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

since they're not the most complicated of graphics in the world (you're basically taking a graphic that exists - eg. photo of a psp - and adding a small font to it) you can technically use any software out there. but to get that shiny tingey effect photoshop is your best man - as is JASC paint shop pro.

basically, you need software that can work with layers. paint shop pro has a free trial afaik. also, go to easons and look at the graphics magazines. usually find something cool on the disc

Cheers thanks for letting me know. I will take a look in easons during the week. Much appriciated.

Advertisement