Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Weekends Premiership Fixtures (will contain scores)

• 25-02-2006 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭

Barclays Premiership

Birmingham v Sunderland, 15:00 - Birmingham
    Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00 - Blackburn
    Charlton v Aston Villa, 15:00 - Draw
    Chelsea v Portsmouth, 15:00 - Chelsea
    Newcastle v Everton, 17:15 - Draw
    Bolton v Fulham, 13:00 - Bolton
    Liverpool v Man City, 12:15 - Liverpool
    West Brom v Middlesbrough, 15:00 - Middlesbrough
    Carling Cup
    Man Utd v Wigan, 15:00 - Wigan ^_^ ( well hopefully :) )

Comments

Birmingham v Sunderland, 15:00 - Birmingham
    Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00 - Arsenal
    Charlton v Aston Villa, 15:00 - Charlton
    Newcastle v Everton, 17:15 - Newcastle
    West Brom v Middlesbrough, 15:00 - Draw
    Carling Cup
    Man Utd v Wigan, 15:00 - Man Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Birmingham v Sunderland, 15:00 - draw
    Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00 - arsenal
    Charlton v Aston Villa, 15:00 - villa
    Newcastle v Everton, 17:15 - Draw
    Bolton v Fulham, 13:00 - draw
    Liverpool v Man City, 12:15 - man city
    West Brom v Middlesbrough, 15:00 - draw
    Carling Cup
    Man Utd v Wigan, 15:00 - man u (though i want wigan to win!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Birmingham v Sunderland, 15:00 - Draw
    Blackburn v Arsenal, 15:00 - Arsenal
    Charlton v Aston Villa, 15:00 - Charlton
    Newcastle v Everton, 17:15 - Everton
    West Brom v Middlesbrough, 15:00 - Boro
    Carling Cup
    Man Utd v Wigan, 15:00 - Man United

Would love to see Blackburn beat Arsenal today with their dodgy away record but they never seem to be able to have a good performance against them recently. They usually end up beating Rovers 3 or 4 nil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

permiership games getting started in 20 mins :)

team news from my interest::

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/4726966.stm

Blackburn striker Paul Dickov is in contention for a place on the bench after completing his recovery from a dislocated shoulder.

Hughes has no other injury concerns after returning from a sunshine break in Dubai for warm-weather training.

Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg misses out with a calf injury.

Dennis Bergkamp is also not yet fully match fit but Emmanuel Adebayor gives manager Arsene Wenger another option in attack after being cup-tied in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this the dullest prem programme so far? No sh1t-hot meetings Blackburn v Arsenal the most interesting.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

1-0 to blackburn. Pedersen

mike65 wrote:
    Is this the dullest prem programme so far? No sh1t-hot meetings Blackburn v Arsenal the most interesting.

Mike.

true, no liverpool involvement until tomorrow, should be a very quiet day today

G'wan Blackburn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

Yeah and feckin Chelsea are on tv. Can't we just ignore the fact that they exist? They don't exactly provide entertainment unless they're getting their ass kicked by Lionel Messi.

Birmingham 1-0 Sunderland - Heskey
    Blackburn 1-0 Arsenal - MGP
    Charlton 0-0 Aston Villa
    Chelsea 0-0 Portsmouth

Half time scores

Yeah and feckin Chelsea are on tv. Can't we just ignore the fact that they exist? They don't exactly provide entertainment unless they're getting their ass kicked by Lionel Messi.

Yes, Robben, Duff, Cole, Crespo, Gudjohnsen and Lampard aren't exciting players at all ;) I'm not bothered checking facts but I'd imagine Chelsea have one of the highest goal scoring records in the PL this season, if not the highest. (EDIT- they have 52, joint highest with United and 13 ahead of the next nearest team).

Pedersen went off injured a few minutes after scoring. I'm hoping to god its not serious. Anyone have any news?

• Advertisement

Well I'm sorry, but Chelsea - Porstmouth would'nt get me crossing the road to see it.

Mike.

ps G'wan Blackburn

chelsea beat Pompey 2-0. Lampard & Robben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

A total of 4 goals in 4 games.
    Most exciting league in the world may ass

Get in there!! 5th in the table. Who would of thought that at the start of the season.

Hopefully MGP's injury isn't too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

andrewie wrote:
    chelsea beat Pompey 2-0. Lampard & Robben

I wonder if the Chelsea manager would change his tactics like that if he wasnt
    so far ahead in the table?

None the less, Id love to see managers do that more. More pro-active managers
    and less re-active! :)

Newcastle 2-0 up against Everton and I can't see Everton getting two in ten minutes.

I don't think they've lost since Souness was sacked (not sure though), and they've certainly been letting in less goals. He can't of had the backing of the team there at all.

YES!

Up to 5th! GO ON BLACKBURN!!!!

Who would have seen that happening at the start of the season! Champions league here we come ? :p:p:p:p:p * tuches wood*

No losses for Newcastle since whatshisface took over.

Mike.

Lemlin wrote:

I don't think they've lost since Souness was sacked

they haven't lost since he was sacked. 4 wins 1 draw in 5 league games and also won in the F.A Cup

mike65 wrote:
    No losses for Newcastle since whatshisface took over.

Mike.

Glenn Roeder. Him and Shearer are looking the part, although I imagine Shearer will eventually push him out.

• Advertisement

Thats top 4 form! No doubt the honeymoon will come to an end but they'll enjoy it while it lasts.

thanks Lemlin maybe he should get the job with Shearer his assistant for a season.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Triton

mike65 wrote:
    Well I'm sorry, but Chelsea - Porstmouth would'nt get me crossing the road to see it.

Mike.

ps G'wan Blackburn

I'd cross the road to see that before I'd cross it to see Portsmouth - Liverpool.

I would'nt go to see that game!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

mike65 wrote:
    thanks Lemlin maybe he should get the job with Shearer his assistant for a season
    Don't think so, there has to be a full-time manager in by something like April 27th because between them, Shearer and Roeder haven't enough Uefa badges complete.

Don't think so, there has to be a full-time manager in by something like April 27th because between them, Shearer and Roeder haven't enough Uefa badges complete.

Did he not need those badges to take charge of West Ham ? he was in charge of the hammers about 3 years ago for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

confusing indeed
    can't see souness getting another proper managerial position ;)

also noticed lehmann was up to more of his usual, little backward kick at savage and shoving reid to the ground. every time he does this stuff i cant believe i'm seeing it....so called professional indeed

not a thrilling day...
    i'd say everton deserved something from their game

Did he not need those badges to take charge of West Ham ? he was in charge of the hammers about 3 years ago for a while

The rules must of changed since I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lemlin wrote:
    The rules must of changed since I'd say.

No he got special dispensation at the time, but he has to have them by now :confused:

kdjac

Bolton 1 1 Fulham

Mike.

• Advertisement

Heidar Helguson has to be one of the signings of the season. He and McBride are pairing up to be one of the most prolific strike forces going.

Table is looking ever better for Blackburn - Sparky for England *cough*

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Table is looking ever better for Blackburn - Sparky for England *cough*

Mike.

LOL :)

If he keeps going like this season I think United will come knocking when Fergie goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Can't believe we won Everton.
    One of the commentators said yesterday that Roeder wouldn't be able to take over as manager as he was missing some badges but he used to manage some other team did he not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can't believe we won Everton.

Cool, where are you going to put them? :D

One of the commentators said yesterday that Roeder wouldn't be able to take over as manager as he was missing some badges but he used to manage some other team did he not?

I think he's short his Blue Peter badge.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

he used to manage west ham. so i dont understand why he cannot manage us until the rest of the season? hes doing a brilliant job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

hasn't sherar stated the job would be too big for him to take on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Great result for Blackburn, the home form continues well, and with more home than away games left this season the prospects of european football, and maybe even champions league football are possible. The next game will be a huge one for this, away against Spurs next sunday.

Great result for Blackburn, the home form continues well, and with more home than away games left this season the prospects of european football, and maybe even champions league football are possible. The next game will be a huge one for this, away against Spurs next sunday.

Well said. Its great to have Bellamy back. People can say what they want about his discipline but he's a great player with bags of talent.

MGP has a hamstring strain. Hopefully he'll be grand but he's not going to the Norway game which is good because he'll get a rest. He's vital to the team, only needs twenty minutes a game to score the winner ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Was over in Blackburn for the Arsenal game, really cold but well worth the trip! :D was in the upper lvl Jack Walker stand, great stadium, kept in tip top condition like it was just built yesterday. Meet some Irish lads who just went cause it was near Manchester, loads & loads of Norwegians cheering on MGP (for all of 18 mins) :D > BB should sign 2/3 more Norwegians jsut for the extra gate it brings :D
    Arsenal just didnt fancy it at all and Blackburn went at them from the start. Henry didnt figure much, Reyes was prob goin to be sent off b4 he was subbed after the break, Lehman was lucky not to see red, got into 2 seperate differences of opinion with the ref. Stephen Reid >brilliant full of running, v positive player who directs the flo of the game, BB fans absolutley love Robbie Savage, Bellamy has a lovely touch and really should have nailed a goal, argues with everyone.
    +4 different kinds of pies to choose from at half time :D

Advertisement