Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations Referee

• 25-02-2006 2:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

The ref in the Hearts game has just handed out a 2nd yellow to a Hearts player who was sent off and will now miss the final. But the card was for diving in the penalty box. Hearts are 2-0 up so there was no need for the player to do it.

It happens so often that a referee doesnt give a penalty but in turn doesnt book a player if he was diving for it. With this player now missing the final it was a huge decision and I am delighted to see the referee has put his foot down.

Diving is a yellow card offence and its about time the ref's started dishing them out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just watching the Hearts - Partick game, and besides the brilliance of it being in a tight stadium where the cameras must be righ tin the crowd because you can hear the shouts of the individuals shouting stuff like "the referees a wanker" :D teh ref justgave a 2nd yellow to a guy for a blatent dive. This is great to see, and if only more refs did this it would help get rid of this crap.

I think we should start a list for good ref's who are opposed to playacting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Damn you and your fast typing kelly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Damn you and your fast typing kelly!

Mwaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahah.

Dammit that doesnt work now that my thread was merged into yours. I demand it be reversed. :)

Stekelly wrote:
    Mwaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahahah.

Dammit that doesnt work now that my thread was merged into yours. I demand it be reversed. :)

United Fan 1 - 0 Liverpool Fan!

But seriously great stuff from the ref. I dont like seeing players getting sent off but he deserved a yellow for that and as it was his second he deserved to go. So many ref's would have bottled that decision but he didnt so credit where credit is due.

I realise that there is a flip side to this in that ref's could get a decision like this wrong. But this was a blatant dive. If a ref is so sure it wasnt a penalty then there must be a strong case for diving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The ref in the Hearts game has just handed out a 2nd yellow to a Hearts player who was sent off and will now miss the final. But the card was for diving in the penalty box. Hearts are 2-0 up so there was no need for the player to do it.

It happens so often that a referee doesnt give a penalty but in turn doesnt book a player if he was diving for it. With this player now missing the final it was a huge decision and I am delighted to see the referee has put his foot down.

Diving is a yellow card offence and its about time the ref's started dishing them out.

What final? Will he not just miss an upcoming league game? Is his ban restricted to the Scottish cup. It's the 1/4 final stage anyway.

• Advertisement

Nunu wrote:
    What final? Will he not just miss an upcoming league game? Is his ban is restricted to the Scottish cup. It's the 1/4 final stage anyway.

Yeah they will only count in the cup, at least thats what the commentator said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

not much use though, unless all refs start doing it

Advertisement