Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flash player 1GB+

• 25-02-2006 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I have an iriver h340 which i love but im looking for a flash player with good battery life to use on hols, the gym etc so i dont need to bring a charer with me. hence i was looking at the sony nwe507 about €200 with 50 hours battery life and a radio.... i know there's the whole sonicstage software issue but tbh i wont be tranferrin music to it *that* regularly, say once every two or three weeks so maybe i could put up with a bit of inconvenience on that side for the battery advs.

then i was thinking of the ipod nano (i know, being an iriver owner i should know better etc :p) 4gb for €260 seems very good value and they do look lovely - the battery life - 12hours! - is all that's really putting me off... remember this isn't my main mp3 player so i dont need lots of codec support / features etc because i've got my iriver for that. obviously looked at the iriver flash players but for the money, they don't grab me and i would prefer a built in rechargable battery which none of them seem to offer??? so in short i guess, im looking for 1GB, small and very good battery life - is the dreaded sony the only option?

thanks a lot :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The retail price of the Creative Zen Nano just dropped, - each model going down by €15 ... as follows:

256MB - Was €89.99 - Now €74.99
    512MB - Was €114.99 - Now €99.99
    1GB - Was €159.99 - Now €134.99

(Pity there isn't a 2GB model really...)

Still seems to be the best value out there in flash RAM MP3 players to be honest, although - yes - they are AAA battery powered, with one battery lasting for 18 hours of playback... you can always get rechargeable ones. Last time I had them in stock where I work, a pack with a recharger and 2 rechargeable AAA batteries was less than a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I have an iriver h340 which i love but im looking for a flash player with good battery life to use on hols, the gym etc so i dont need to bring a charer with me. hence i was looking at the sony nwe507 about €200 with 50 hours battery life and a radio.... i know there's the whole sonicstage software issue but tbh i wont be tranferrin music to it *that* regularly, say once every two or three weeks so maybe i could put up with a bit of inconvenience on that side for the battery advs.

then i was thinking of the ipod nano (i know, being an iriver owner i should know better etc :p) 4gb for €260 seems very good value and they do look lovely - the battery life - 12hours! - is all that's really putting me off... remember this isn't my main mp3 player so i dont need lots of codec support / features etc because i've got my iriver for that. obviously looked at the iriver flash players but for the money, they don't grab me and i would prefer a built in rechargable battery which none of them seem to offer??? so in short i guess, im looking for 1GB, small and very good battery life - is the dreaded sony the only option?

thanks a lot :)

Have you looked at the mobiblu cube thing? looks pretty but I dunno about specs, I think a battery life of 16 hours was quoted, which was some way from the sony. Have a look at the cowon (iaudio) range or, dare I say it, the ipoo shuffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

bard thanks for the tip-off about the creative - another dimension to add to the list! and i see it has an fm radio acc to the creative site! does it only come in white?? (im a girl and i like pink things... :) failing that black!)

They come in about 10 different colours, eclectichoney, but most stores will only get a few colours in (black, white and pink usually...)

Where I work, we have the 256Mb and 1Gb models in pink (mostly... I guess we ordered too many in for Valentines day!) and the 512Mb in pink and white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Lockster

Have you looked at the iriver T30? I have one of these and it is a great little player, esoecially with the most recent firmware. Only problem is that you have to run Windows Media Player 10 to be able to transfer music to it. I think that you can get them for around stg£90 on various uk websites

• Advertisement

The T30 is a decent model certainly, and as it retails at €159 here, if you can get it for £90stg, then thats a pretty good deal.

However, the Creative Zen Nano Plus 1GB at €135 is a better deal considering it's a better player. Personally I find the jog dialer easier to use than a bunch of buttons - plus it has an FM Radio which the T30 doesn't have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

just to give an update/closure here, after much deliberation between the sony and bard's excellent advice about the zen nano, i saw the sony nwe507 1GB (in pink ;)) reduced to €135 in the sony centre on friday which i didn't think was a bad price at all for a 1GB with radio and 50 hour battery life and i'm loving it thus far. thanks for the advice etc guys!

Advertisement