Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republican Riots in O'Connell Street

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

ivan087 wrote:
    i was in italy during the riots, sitting around a table with people from all over europe i had to explain why these people were rioting. i've never felt more ashamed of my country. i had to explain that an organisation of prodestants wished to hand in a letter of complaint to the irish government and that an element of irish catholics wanted to stop them from doing this. really embarresing and pathetic.
    having said all that - why did this organisation feel the need to fly the union jack, play loylist songs etc. there was no need for that. wouldnt it have been better for the love ulster organisation to get catholic victims of IRA trouble to march along with them. make it more inclusive. they made it into a political parade. it was a shame and a waste. there could have been a bigger and more meaningful protest. now all that will be remembered is the riot.

I was asked by a lot of guys in my work why there was trouble. I explained that a sectarian group, Love Ulster, wanted to march with 6 sectarian loyalist marching bands waving the Union Flag and playing sectarian songs through the centre of Dublin. Their response was 'I thought you said the trouble was surprising, what fecking idiot agreed to let that sectarian march go ahead!'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Gurgle wrote:
    Hmmm, just thinking.
    There weren't any rebublican riots in O'Connell street, the thread title is inaccurate.
    Just skanger riots.

The original title of this thread read 'Sinn Fein Riots in O'Connell Street'. Earthman subsequently changed it to 'Republicans' when folk on here pointed out the inaccuracy of the original thread title.

The thread can renamed to Skangers/Republicans/Scum/Working Class/Middle Class/Football Hooligan/Disaffected Youth (delete as appropriate) Riots in O'Connell Street. Each one is just as valid as the other.

The original title of this thread read 'Sinn Fein Riots in O'Connell Street'. Earthman subsequently changed it to 'Republicans' when folk on here pointed out the inaccuracy of the original thread title.

The thread can renamed to Skangers/Republicans/Scum/Working Class/Middle Class/Football Hooligan/Disaffected Youth (delete as appropriate) Riots in O'Connell Street. Each one is just as valid as the other.
    I've a better idea.
    Lets lock it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement