Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anybody using AirTalk?

• 25-02-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

Anybody using AirTalk to cut down on day time mobile charges?

Mobile networks know how to charge for day time calls.

One drawback with services like airtalk is that to have to key in the number your are ultimately calling.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

feckin meteor blocked me from calling the number. at least payg is blocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

anyone else think it was going to be about using your mobile on a airplane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

No it is the company that advertises on tv.

www.airtalk.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

think read here before there is a way of setting up a nokia to daill the whole lot in one go???

Here are 2 things to try:

Banking Codes: If you call your bank and have to enter pass codes or other personal information, press *. After a while, it turns to "p." The pause function lasts about three seconds. Then you can write the whole combination and add it to your address book. Next time you just have to call up, and the numbers will be sent with the pause function automatically

You can programme our access number in your mobile phone by saving it as a speed dial, followed by the letter p (pause), as above. For example, Speed dial Number 2 - 0800 949 6619p . For Nokia phones you can get this by pressing *** . Please consult your Mobile phone user manual for other brands. Once the speed dial is set up, you should be able to activate the speed dial and then dial your destination number without pressing "send

• Advertisement

feckin meteor blocked me from calling the number. at least payg is blocked
    Meteor bar premium rate numbers unless you call them and opt in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

I think 3 also block Premium numbers and Texts. I was never able to text 5xxxx numbers. However when I tried dialing a 1515 number I was just disconnected. And I was still charged for them.

anything out there cheaper than these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I think 3 also block Premium numbers and Texts. I was never able to text 5xxxx numbers. However when I tried dialing a 1515 number I was just disconnected. And I was still charged for them.
    no they dont
    it always works for me
    and theres even a part on the bill thats says calls/texts to premium rate numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Well I have no reason to phone these numbers anyway, so I wont bother calling 3 about it. Anyway, asside from the lack of "open Internet" and the Operator Logo problem, I find 3's service to be the best out of the lot of them.

Meteor, if only they had a 3G service I may have considered switching.
    O2, just too expensive, and no sign of 3G services either (not that I would use them as I would be charged a small fortune just for loading the O2 Active page.
    (Thats right, O2 actualy charge you for accessing there O2 Active portal, and they charge your for downloading games on top of the price of the games themselves)
    Vodafone, the most expensive of the lot, sinfully ugly phone menus (and Voda Live too). At least accessing Voda Live is free though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement