Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what happend at the end of cheers?

• 25-02-2006 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

When i was in school, during my lunch break on ch4 i got addicted to cheers but i never knew how it ended?

well fraiser moved to seattle, but what happened to diane, sam, norm, carla and cliffie????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Whilst watching the National Cable Ace Awards, the gang sees ex-waitress Diane Chambers winning the award for best writing in a mini-series. This leads to Sam calling Diane to congratulate her, and to find out that she is married and has children. Sam tells her Diane that he too has a wife and kids, and invites Diane and her husband to visit them.

Sam strongly believes Diane is lying and becomes really shocked when she walks into Cheers the following day to meet Mrs Malone. Meanwhile Rebecca's boyfriend Don proposes to her and she accidently says no, ends up heartbroken and agrees to play Sam's wife to fool Diane.

Sam and Rebecca have dinner with Diane and her husband, Reed Manchester. During the dinner Don arrives and proposes to her again, and this time she manages to say yes! They leave the dinner, and Sam thinks he must look like a fool. Then Diane's husband turns out to be a fake when *his* husband Kevin appears! Now alone, Sam and Diane reminisce about the good old times, and end up back together. Diane asks Sam to move to California with her.

Sam and Diane are all ready to take off to California. But whilst waiting for their delayed flight, they realise they weren't meant to be together. They finally say goodbye to each other and Diane returns to California. Sam returns to the bar to discuss the future with the gang. He realizes that he cannot leave his one love - Cheers.

As the regulars go home, Sam starts closing up the bar. A man comes to the door, but Sam doesn't let him in, saying, "Sorry, we're closed," before heading into the back room.

IN the very 1st episode Sam opens that door and in the very last he closes it.

that :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

i would of thought there would of been more loose ends tied up.

i.e

norm and carla get it together

Cliffie kills his mother,

well its ended how it did.

i can move on with my life now.

oh one last time,

NORM!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

That was the final episode? I saw that one recently. Wasn't Don a plumber or something played by Tom berenger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

wasn't there a frazier where he went back and nothing had changed or something like that. Damn me and my failed memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

KdjaC wrote:
    IN the very 1st episode Sam opens that door and in the very last he closes it.
    Also in the last ep just before Sam walks out his straightens a picture on the wall that was crooked. This was done as a tribute to Nicholas "Coach" Colasanto who died at the end of Season3.

==

To the OP, IIRC all the cast of Cheers (except Kirsty Alley?) turn up on Frasier as guests and it doesn't seem like any of them were up to anything that particularily exciting (except maybe Diane)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Didn't Woody get elected the Mayor of Boston? I remember Norm got a job as an accountant too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

thesteve wrote:
    Didn't Woody get elected the Mayor of Boston? I remember Norm got a job as an accountant too...

Woody got elected (as a councilman not mayor iirc?) during Cheers not after.

As for Norm he was in and out of work all thru cheers so it's probably not a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i keep seeing ones on c4 where norm does interior decorating for various people, wierd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Ya he did that for a while I think. One of the lads just got season 1 there off amazon uk and it was only 14 sterling....

Advertisement