Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler hot water pipe insulation

Options
  • 25-02-2006 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi all

Looking for some advice, I have a boiler in my garage about 7-10m away from the house and need to insulate the water pipes to prevent a) freezing and b) heat loss... any ideas?

Thanks
    Dan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

Hi all

Looking for some advice, I have a boiler in my garage about 7-10m away from the house and need to insulate the water pipes to prevent a) freezing and b) heat loss... any ideas?

Thanks
    Dan

Pipe insulation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Move it inside the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Move it inside the house?
    That is actually the most economical answer.
    Dan, Can you give more information - is the garage completely detached ? are the pipes overground ? Do they run along a wall etc. You can use ordinary foam pipe insulation, but not great if the pipes are exposed. A proper job could mean running the pipes through a sewer pipe, but that would mean draining and disconnecting the pipes. Why were they not properly insulated in the first place ?
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

you can buy the pipes pre-insulated for laying direct in the ground .you'd have to replace your existing stuff but it's good.it's about 16" diameter with 2
    pipes inside it.you'd have to join either end .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 danxtremeclean

The boiler is a wood pellet boiler measuring 3x2m with a 600kg hopper so moving it indoors would take up a lot of space... The house is in the progress of being built (timber frame self-build). The pipe will be laid in the best way possible, probably underground..... I have heard of a product called Cosi-pipe but am klooking for other options or better options...

Dan

• Advertisement
Advertisement