Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Exchange forum

Options
  • 25-02-2006 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭

It appears that the File Exchange forum is modless (for a while).
    It has the potential to attract 'dodgy' exchanges.
    The forum is rarely used & the threads created could easily be faciliated in other forums (ex: *Nix distro's in the Unix forum).
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you looking for a mod, or suggesting closing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think he's suggesting it be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Just stating it as I see it. The possible decisions are obvious & not really my concern - I'm content with any outcome (Another outcome might be that peoples awareness of the forum will breathe new life...But I doubt it.) I'm leaning towards closure as it's rarely used and,as it stands, unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Deleting might be a good idea. As Karoma says, potential for dodgyness and it's just generally dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

id step up and mod it, but as the lot of you say, what point does it have today, i mean i could see where it will be abused.
    Forum closed for posting tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

I'd say keeping it open would be more trouble than it's worth. Time to mourn the File Exchange forum methinks :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its been more or less dead for ages, I say kill it off :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

It has been practically dead and mod free for at least a year without any problems, if it does attract dodgy threads now it'll be because of this thread publicising it.

With an ever-growing availability of broadband it's use is rather limited now, no great purpose for it staying open.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Aye.. but after the last thread,I figured it was time to go one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

AFAIK ecksor keeps a good eye on it when he's around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement