Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Duff"'s dirty election tactics! (Kind of big news!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Wait a minute, one crowd are saying hes still a member and vainglory, who should know is saying he isnt, whats the story here?

And pythia, you did imply something, you didnt explicitly say something good or bad, but the innuendo was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

I only informed boards that he had been dismissed today. I hadn't even had a chance to check the site until now; the only reason I am now is because I have been struck down with bird flu or something and am at home in Clontarf. :(

We did it as soon as the Returning Officer arrived into college today (again, something that he would confirm if asked). Literally the second he walked in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Got the funniest indignant pm off angeloffire last night.
    You'd swear the guy was a fifty year old politician by the way he was foaming at the mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Sangre wrote:
    Got the funniest indignant pm off angeloffire last night.
    You'd swear the guy was a fifty year old politician by the way he was foaming at the mouth

I was having a few drinks with friends and kinda got talking to one of the campaign managers......I think the 50 year old politician thing is accurate! Its all gotten very West Wing and serious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

TheVan wrote:
    Its all gotten very West Wing and serious!

lol That just sums it up completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

A friend, Brian Harris has come up with a title for Endas new tactics:D
    Rip-down campus
    LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

So... is there going to be a definitive answer on how many posters were taken and if the guy was dismissed? Cos i heard "two posters" earlier... 250 is a different thing altogether. Factual responses are welcome... Emotion and opinion based answers are considerably less welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Duck

The extent of the allegations against Duffy have varied from the original post from both Hayden's and Orla's campaign issued on this thread on Saturday night (200 for Hayden and 40 for Orla) and within previous thread Ray Rowan has increased that number to 250.

Firsdtly having been involved in Union politics for the same amount of time as Ray Rowan, and been involved in many a campaign with him. I can say that any candidate who puts up 250 posters within the first two days of an election campaign is absolutely stupid. I would credit Rowan with a lot more intelligence and experience than that.

It is known by everyone involved in these elections this year that a single, drunken FORMER member of Duffy's campaign single-handedly tore down posters on Thursday night. This was done in the Science building and the walk up towards the Bird Avenue/clonskeagh gate.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I presume the Tribune which should be out today or tomorrow will have something to say about all this?

Duck wrote:
    FORMER member of Duffy's campaign night

He was not FORMER when he did this.

• Advertisement

But he was Former when we DISCOVERED that he did this.

Tribune isn't coming out until Monday, Red Alert.

Vainglory wrote:
    But he was Former when we DISCOVERED that he did this

I know I was just making it clearer so people did not get the impression that he had nothing to do with the campaign.

Yeah that's fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

this thread is great entertainment, the initial post reads like a New York Times editorial with the Mr.Duffy references

out of interest how much does the president get paid ?

cheers Vainglory.

not sure about the pres' salary. i don't think its a whole lot. i'd put it in the region of 10-15 grand.

I used to work with the guy who is current SU president of Griffith College and he gets €15,000 and a flat.

So I'd imagine we'd be around that mark. Couldn't say for sure though.

he gets a flat... nice one. that'd be nearly worth the job alone.

Yea, and its a pretty small college so he's able to get a bit more involved at ground level than may be possible here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

TheVan wrote:
    Ok was that a joke?? Cos if it isn't then are you/have you ever been a member of the Nazi party?
    yeah man, its always the nazis.:rolleyes:
    troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I believe the Sabbaticals get paid about €330 a week which translates as €17k-odd for the year.

• Advertisement

Also, I realise in looking back at my first post on this thread that the line about Enda's punishment "for being caught red-handed" is misleading, it should read that a member of his team and not the candidate himself was physically caught and I do honestly believe that the team as a whole were not behind it.

My sincere apologies to anyone who was misled by this... peachypants, if you could maybe mod the original post to that effect as it shouldn't be left as a whole in its current format?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Ah, nice to see a bit of political integrity. Although I'm not surprised.... Anyone who likes Tigermilk is bound to be an all-round good egg...

(the boardsie that's aimed at knows what I'm talkin bout)

/me likes the album Tigermilk by Belle & Sebastian...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

/me likes the album Tigermilk by Belle & Sebastian...
    Ah, I knew Gav would be on here somewhere... Read a thread on some BFM forum where somebody had a go at B&S and, as a fellow Tigermilk fan, I noted that u defended it is all...

Anyway. Back on-topic, I've been roped into workin for Duffy's campaign tomorro and thursday. This is what happens when ur a lefty - ppl always want you to do things.

i like to think i'm very tolerant of all music and i have broad ranging tastes, but my god almighty, belle and sebastian as a load of sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

ferdi wrote:
    i like to think i'm very tolerant of all music and i have broad ranging tastes, but my god almighty, belle and sebastian as a load of sh1te.

:eek:

i have to admit i havnt listen to whole albums but all in all i've heard about 8 - 10 of their songs in total and i just thought to my self every time - "what is this moany bollix i'm listening to?"

Advertisement