Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is It Just Me?

Options
  • 25-02-2006 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

Since second year I've listened to people preach about how terribley hard the mocks are, how they are worse than the real thing, so un-really hard...but is it just me or are English, French and Maths unbelievably easy this year? The only one I had a problem with was Business, and I'm doing Higher Level in everything. CSPE was done in 15 mins!!!
    Anyone else think this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

I haven't done my mocks yet( they start Monday!). I'm really nervous though but I'm pleased that you found yours easy I hope mine will be too. What was wrong in the business studies one?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

did you study a lot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think perhaps the hardest thing about the exams is the preparation... or more like, motivating yourself to prepare for them. Once you've done the study and such, they really shouldn't be horrendously difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

personnally, I think parents, teachers, older brothers and sisters build this huge hype up about the pre's to get you to study, and it works! I found some exams chalanging but it's only the pre's and the real thing has yet to come. Anyone, who is stressing over pre's I would advise you to stop because it isn't worth it! Just listen to things your teacher goes over in class and these things tend to come up! The pre's arn't easy but certainly arn't all they are hyped up to be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The short questions in Business are horrific, but just generally revise over your key defintions and you've got most of them. Yeah, I guess it was to make me study since I got a D at Christmas for Maths, and this time it went pretty well, even though Paper 2 is tomorrow and I am dreading it...the boys school down teh road have teh same papers as us, apparently there are a few different sets, our teachers lied to us and told us they were different, but now about 90% of us know whats going to be in Science...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ketchup_please

i didnt have a CSPE mock :eek: :eek:

Was the easiest yoke ever. They asked what party Mary Harney was in, and Enda Kenny, put a list of parties on the top and showed pictures. I thinbk they also gave you points for spelling your name correctly...:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sweetie candy

well...the Maths was ok ,
    i don't no, coz we didn't finished the course at all at all

french was really hard , i mean the tape work, didn't undertsand anything!

business...:cool: was ok, paper 1 was easier than paper 2 ~

The short questions for business were BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

It's not just you, I found the mocks REALLY easy, and I hardly studied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Since second year I've listened to people preach about how terribley hard the mocks are, how they are worse than the real thing, so un-really hard...but is it just me or are English, French and Maths unbelievably easy this year? The only one I had a problem with was Business, and I'm doing Higher Level in everything. CSPE was done in 15 mins!!!
    Anyone else think this?

I have to do the Business mock tomorrow:D . I taught that the 20 short questions were a bit dodgy, but I got them done. Maths paper 1 was a dodle, but I think paper 2 was a lot harder. French was easy, I had it today and it was grand. The one's that I taught were the most difficult were Geog and History. Fair enough, I am not the best at history, but I am fairly good at Geog. That test nearly killed me:eek: . I don't think every school has the same mock papers. Do they?

A bunch of different companies produce mock papers, so by probability some schools WOULD have the same papers, but it's not standardised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

A bunch of different companies produce mock papers, so by probability some schools WOULD have the same papers, but it's not standardised.
    Ok. So there is a chance of a few different schools around the country of getting the same paper?

Yup, though... I wouldn't go trying to find out what's on the paper from other schools. Cheating like that in your mocks is just ultimately making the JC harder for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Was the easiest yoke ever. They asked what party Mary Harney was in, and Enda Kenny, put a list of parties on the top and showed pictures. I thinbk they also gave you points for spelling your name correctly...:-)
    thats because its a common level paper. CSPE is always rediculously easy but they have been marking hard for the last few years.

How can you mark a question hard when they ask you the name of a charity organisation??? Its not like if you say Oxfam instead of Trocaire you're wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think they're marking harder for essay-type questions. You have to have stronger points or somethnig to get full marks.

It's still a joke though and so tempting to take the piss out of. We had a questiong "suggest a suitable slogan to encourage young people to vote" and it was all I could do not to write "Vote or bears will rape you"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Ok then, to everyone who said the exams were 'EASY' you should all be getting 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Do i hear some contempt in that statement?

I thought Irish was diabolical.

tbh, i didn't do anything for these.That's why i will do badly.
    JC will be grand i think. Like, what I cant get my head round is the fact that. Everything in these tests, is what we have to learn. So the little study i did, was like studying for the real thing. I think that mocks are great, really helpful.

Irish + Timans = FRSTURATOIN!

Irish, um, the poetry as unbelievable, one of the poems was in the book ( but had we done it-NO!) and the other, even the teacher wasn't sure of the subject matter...and the Paper 1 comprehension was making me go to the stage where you look up a word in the question and write out that paragraph...
    Other thanthat though, the mocks overall were so much Easier...
    I hope to get 100 in English and Religon, If I don't in CSPE its a mockery and maybe History..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭yourpetzombie

I hope to get 100 in English and Religon, If I don't in CSPE its a mockery and maybe History..

100% in English? Are you serious? Jaysus... You must be really good.

Advertisement