Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who ya gonna vote for?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

*hugs Pythia in agreement*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Url removed from the above posts.

Sorry guys but there is no canvassing. You can all pick up a manifesto in college. Enda wasn't allowed to have his manifesto up here so its only fair.
    No worries P-P, I should've thought of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Here, what's the craic with voting??? I didn't see any polling station around to Orts block today. Is voting tomorrow? Is it possible to get someone to vote on behalf of me at all or is that a stupid retarded question that I deserve to get 5 counts of personal abuse for????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

All the other faculties had voting today, Arts doesn't open its polling station til tomorro. I only found that out today as well.

I don't know about the story wit gettin someone else to vote for you, but I will say this.
    My mate has deferred final year, and so will be in final year next year. As of now, she can't vote in these sabbat elections. I can.
    I won't be here next year as I'll have a degree and will have kissed this kinda sh*tstorm goodbye betty. Yet I can vote, and she can't.

In essence, my electoral choices will not affect me in any way, whereas it will definitely affect her. So what makes more sense is this: She tells me who to vote for, and I vote accordingly. Her vote, for her SU. Can't argue wit that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

How do they stop you voting twice.
    *watches Enda trying on various fake mustaches*:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It has something to do with checking your student card against a list and crossing you off. A bit like Santa, but with sabbats instead of presents. Anyone else feel short-changed?

The polls opened tonight at six, by the way. Plus, they're giving out stickers that say Voted on them. Ingenious. I was sick to death of being hassled by canvassers last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Grrr... I may have to come into college tomorrow just to vote! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

Pythia wrote:
    But he is a lefty. And I think filthy relates to how extreme he is, as in very.

Filthy is by no means a word that also means "extreme". I also object to the word "cheating" for reasons that I've already outlined elsewhere.

Advertisement