Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All marches must be banned - and McDowell has to resign

Options
  • 25-02-2006 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

First of all what are all those stupid pro-Orangist, or Pro-SinnFein, or anti-Republic marches about ?
    somebody explain it
    The whole things is just so tribal and stupid, in some South American places these pro-groups or anti-marches go out and the hijack the capital cities so that people can't even walk down the streets of capital no more, they shutdown an entire city.

There were some of these Orange people in Union marches want to come to Dublin to provoke reaction or racial hatred.
    :mad:
    Then the pro-republic, anti-Unionist or random troubler makers or radical Republican-rioters or Chav-scumbags came along....and the Capital city of Ireland is now a f-king mess
    it seems very few scumbags were arrested

McDowell must quit, how many cops did he have on the street. were they even equipped ?
    I didn't see many Irish-police at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

All marches must be banned

So the 1916 celebrations should be cancelled then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

I admire McDowell. He stands up to Sinn Fein. we need more like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

The revived Easter military military parade should go ahead. Every opportunity should be given to the scum of the city to come along and riot. The military marchers should be issued with live rounds. The riot should be over very quickly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Pal wrote:
    I admire McDowell. He stands up to Sinn Fein. we need more like him.
    thats funny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I somehow don't think that a 1916 easter rising commemorative march is going to provoke violence in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

^whitey^ wrote:
    So the 1916 celebrations should be cancelled then?

Yes a nation only needs one national day

Cancell all other tribal pro-Green or pro-Orange celebrations...and name your new national day 1916day/greenwhiten'orange-day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

im sure we could plenty of commentators and Im quite sure i said it myself that o'connell was the wrong place for a march in the past few months, there shouldn't be any marches down a building site/street.

calls for MC dowell to resign, well Ill take it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

calls for MC dowell to resign, well Ill take it

Why, precisely? He underestimated the stupidity of our city's population? Others have done far worse with far less punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭James Hunt

McDowell won't be resigning over anything anytime soon....fact.

Banning all marches is a knee-jerk reaction...whatever about today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Yeah stop all marches. why don't we just ban all political parties and dissolve parliament.

• Advertisement

Yeah stop all marches. why don't we just ban all political parties and dissolve parliament.
    Yeah thats about the thrust of the argument here...

Thread locked

OP move it to the other open thread on this topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement