Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb?

• 25-02-2006 7:31pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,up until now ive only ever had the option of eircom or esat broadband,both really the same in terms of speed for gaming.
    Recently ive seen adverts round town here in Monasterevin for Digiweb.
    I went on to their site and they are offering adsl 3mb for 34.99 compared to 54.99 im paying to eircom.
    Anyone have experience with them?
    Im thinking gaming here and seeking a solid performer with decent pings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well I had the Digiweb wireless 512k service up until Christmas and I was getting perfectly playable pings of 60 from Counter Strike jolt.co.uk servers, I'm guessing with ADSL 3mb (the fact it's phoneline BB as opposed to wireless which would mean it has lower latency latency) the pings would be even better, Digiweb are pretty good at customer service too, people who answer the phone actually have technical knowledge AND they answer emails!...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks Laguna,
    Are they actually reselling eircoms product?
    Is it basically eircoms infrastructure they operate from like Esat do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Digiweb do a mixture of both. The ADSL products you use through the phoneline are resold from eircom. The 3mb service you saw in the ad should be just as good as eircom in terms of quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sunkist

I can highly recommend Digiweb, their service is excellent, Errorcom has no service. Yes they are going through Eirrorcom and getting conected thru them might take ages but you'll be glad you did.

I had a problem and Digiweb sent out a new Router right away but Errrorcom kept saying there was no problem with the line but Digiweb kept on them and I got it sorted in 3 weeks (which is ridiculous) but would be considered good compared to the 4 months I had to wait for Errorcom to transfer the lines over to Digiweb.

If you transfer you will likely be without service for a while but it's worth it in the end. See the blogs here and the hundreds of websites of people complaining about the former Civil Servants at Errorcom.nuts. I hope they get bought out but I cant understand why anyone would be interested in a company that has 3BN in Debt and 2.5 in assets.

Good luck whatever you decide, Joe

Advertisement