Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not using allowance

• 25-02-2006 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi all,
    I'm new to broadband since last month (with Eircom €39.99 package I think! It is a bit confusing trying to figure out which one I have since they changed the packages. I haven't received a bill yet!). Enjoying it so far except for a few slow downs which have been happening lately. Almost as slow as dial up sometimes! Anyway, my question is - I haven't been getting anywhere near my download allowance and feel it is a waste not to be using it when I am obviously paying for it. I'm a film, music, games fan but don't know which sites are safe to download from. Could somebody recommend some safe sites (clean ones only please!!) that might help me make use of my allowance? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Hi maggie. Welcome to boards.:)
    There aren't really any sites where you can download films or games legally and the illegal ones are best left alone. You can download music legally from itunes but of course you'll have to pay. I'm not a gamer so one of the regular might point you in the right direction.
    Very few use their full allowance in the first couple of months but soon find out it's not enough.
    Google "bit torrent" and P2P sharing and do a bit of reading. Can't really say much more as it's against the rules to discuss illegal stuff on boards.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

You're asking for "safe" warez?

Umm, I dunno what to tell ya. You could try Filefront for game demo's, most of them are large these days.

Advertisement