Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rpg games

• 25-02-2006 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,576 ✭✭✭✭

any good rpg games on the ps2

ones that a lot better than ffx-2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Star Ocean: Til' the end of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,576 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Laguna wrote:
    Star Ocean: Til' the end of time
    sounds good ,ill buy it
    seems play.com are out of stock so ebay is the next stop

im looking for rpg that xtra vision or other rental stores wouldnt be interested in but are very good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

FFX-2 is brutal. FFX is the best on the PS2.

You should try Grandia 2 if you can find it. Excellent game. Xenosaga episode 2 is out over here as well. Didn't like the first game myself but you might like it (episode 1 in a stroke of marketing genius never made it to europe). Lucifers call is meant to be something special. Kingdom Hearts while not really an RPG is still a fantastic game and the second one is meant to be just as good. Really enjoyed Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant. If you can play imported games then get Suikoden 3 it's a great RPG but not as good as the second game. Avoid Suikoden 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I second Star Ocean and Grandia 2.

I haven't played Grandia on the PS2 though... but it was a fantastic game on the Dreamcast. Great combat system.

Star Ocean is a great one too.. with a huge epic plot that keeps jumping all over the place and it has lots of different chatacters. It has a more action based combat system that can take a little bit of getting used to though... You can even unlock a player versus player version of the combat system.. I really must get around to completing it one of this days... I think I'm very close to the end.

just bought SHIN MEGAMI TENSI LUCIFERS CALL

thanks Retr0gamer for the tip
    im also going to get Grandia 2,Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter and shadow hearts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pick up the Nippon Ichi games as well. All of them. They are all excellent. La Pucelle tactics, Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom and Atelier Iris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

having as much free time as you must have should be a crime:p
    i can barely find time to play through a 10 hour game, let alone 4 epic rpgs...

man iv fair crossed i missed out on 2 auctions and i was the highest bidder with 1 sec to go
    but i missed out on it

one was MAKAI KINGDOM [18 euro]
    and the other DISGAEA Hour of Darkness [33 euro]

where else can i get this games beside ebay

www.play.com?

Failing that probably ebay is your only bet. The games were probably made in low production numbers.

im delighted

i have a great selection of rpgs

Grandia II
    DISGAEA Hour of Darkness[just bought today]
    Star Ocean till the end of time
    SHIN MEGAMI TENSI LUCIFERS CALL
    BREATH OF FIRE (Dragon Quarter)

great selection ehh

im going for 1 more im thinking of getting LEGAIA 2 Duel Saga

any taughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Legaia is alright and has a really nice battle system but there are better games out there. Shadow Hearts and the follow up Shadow Hearts: Covenant are must haves, as is Wild Arms 3.

My personal favourites are the .hack series. The only thing is that there’s four of them and you really do need to get all four to really appreciate them. Each comes with an hour long anime DVD too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

so, Star Ocean is actually worth getting then? cause i havent played a good RPG in a long time, and would love one with a damn good story, and its only about €24 + p&p on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Kiith wrote:
    so, Star Ocean is actually worth getting then? cause i havent played a good RPG in a long time, and would love one with a damn good story, and its only about €24 + p&p on ebay.
    Yep. I thought it was very good. The science fiction storyline makes for a nice change from the usual fantasy stuff... although there are plenty of knights, lizard men and dragons in there too.

Penny Arcade had a strip about it:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/09/06

Legaia is alright and has a really nice battle system but there are better games out there. Shadow Hearts and the follow up Shadow Hearts: Covenant are must haves,
    took your advice and bought shadow hearts Covenant
    should have i bought the first shadow hearts? instead

thats my last games any way

iv some selection of games now looking very forward to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Dragon Quest 8 should be out in a little over a month. That is meant to be very very good.

whats the rarest ps2 game so far

im thinking of starting collecting rare ps2 games

gitaroo man
    Gradius V might become rare
    A mint PAL first edition ICO with postcards
    Suikoden 3 (although I think it got rereleased a cople of times)
    Shadow Hearts is bound to have a cult following as well as breath of fire V.
    gregory horror show
    All the Cave shmups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

might just be me, but you seem more concerned with how rare/obscure the games are instead of how they actually play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Retr0gamer wrote:
    gitaroo man
    Gradius V might become rare
    A mint PAL first edition ICO with postcards
    Suikoden 3 (although I think it got rereleased a cople of times)
    Shadow Hearts is bound to have a cult following as well as breath of fire V.
    gregory horror show
    All the Cave shmups.
    Lol, my first 2 PS2 games were Ico and Gradius V!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Those are going to take forever to finish, why are you looking for even more games? Are you going to play them or just look at the boxes? :)

• Advertisement

of coarse im going to play the games i have
    im just curious thats all

i got Lucifers call its a brilliant game
    thanks retrogamer

i also got star ocean ,i havent really got into that yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

I got the old Star Ocean(dejap translation) on the snes there a couple of weeks ago. It started out well and is draggin a bit. Anyone else played this? Is it worth my time?

fairly off topic

I've heard star ocean 1 and 2 start great but drag a bit, i've heard. TBH all those RPGs are just staring back at me. Haven't the time to play them since my PhD. Thank god for Gradius V, the PoP games and my saturn otherwise I wouldn't have anything to play other than 60+ hr games to play.

Advertisement