Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wonder Products

• 25-02-2006 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what beauty products do boards users swear by?

My current wonder products are 'dandelion' blusher by benefit and 'Mask of Magnaminty' by Lush

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Elizabeth arden 8 hour cream - brilliant for everything... undereye cream, any dry bit of skin overnight is back to normal, lip moisturiser and it lasts ages

Clarins beauty flash balm - i only use it if my skin is looking rough and hungover slap this on its great stuff ;)

for a spot - put perfume on it, dries it right out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

8 hour cream by Elizabeth Arden for chapped lips. Leave it on overnight and voila! Babysoft in the morning. Also I quite like Visible Difference or whatever it's called by Elizabeth Arden. I've had a lot of creams that just grease up your face and nothing else so nice to use this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

ditto for 8 hour cream, its also fantastic on sunburn, prevents it from peeling and leaves skin really soft.

Clinique pore minimiser cream is also great, gets rid of that shiny after moisturiser look and leaves skin really smooth. It also works as good base to smooth out your skin before appliyng makeup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I love the eight hour stuff too, also elizabeth arden sheer body bronzer, its like a foundation for your whole body, its fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Dermalogica "Active Moist". The best face cream ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Dandelion, Mask of Magnaminity, also Dr Feelgood by Benefit, coalface or fresh pharmmacy by Lush, Lush's Imperialis moisturiser, Vaseline and juicy tubes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

If you like Dandelion you should try Dallas, its a combination of Dandelion and Hoola. And check out the Realness of Concealness, also by benefit. Its fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

The Barbra daly concelear-its just brill! I know i know,its tesco but its fab!
    Benefit Benetint-couldnt survive without the stuff!
    Aussie Miracle 3 minute deep conditiong treatment for my tresses.
    Clinique superbalm for my lips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Emulave Moisturiser - its around €6 for a huge tub and its the best body moisturiser. My skin always feels super soft, put it on after a bath or shower.

Best product that I've ever found and super cheap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

St Ives Apricot Facial Scrub. Nothing beats this for a fresh face each morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Fake Bake self tan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

max factor panstick [no.12]

perfect for my skin tone

have been wearing for 5 years and my skin is perfect

and it's soooo cheap too

i tried so many foundations in the past including mac and i found this to be the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Benefit's Benetint lip balm, Dandelion, Clinique's Dramatically Different moisturiser... might think of more later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

I know it is expensive, but creme de la mer is THE best mosituriser that money can buy. A jar of that would last you a year. Super moisturising, balances out uneven skin tones, minimises pores...the list goes on. Cant rate this product enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I can't live without Aveeno products. They're a US/Canadian brand, made from oatmeal and soy. You can get the body lotions here, but the facial washes and scrubs are perfect for my skin - dry and sensitive but prone to blemishes.

In the summer, Nutrogena facial sunscreen is my must-have. The only sunscreen that doesn't give me greasy face and spots.

Sunshimmer bronzer never fails for when I am looking a bit too pale, but you need to invest in a good brush to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Benefit - High Beam, great for highlighting the cheekbones.
    MAC - Ladyblush & Lilicent Cream Blushers, can't get enough of these! Fluidline eyeliners are great and I love their Skin Finishes when they bring them out every few months.
    Origins Skincare - I use their cleanser,toner, moisturiser, exfoliant, face masks. The stuff is great for my skin. It isn't harsh and is natural. My skin is looking so much better.
    YSL - False Effect Mascara. Great for making lashes looking bigger, although tends to dry out very quickly.
    L'Oreal - Exfotonic Body Scrub. This is the best thing to get off false tan. And it smells great. Can be abit harsh for sensitive skins though.
    Make-Up Forever - Face and Body make-up. Light coverage but lasts all day.
    Body Shop - Body Butter. Hmmm Yum. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Witch hazel and St Ives Apricot Scrub. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

I love the eight hour stuff too, also elizabeth arden sheer body bronzer, its like a foundation for your whole body, its fab!

sillysausage, I'd rather like to know how you do your hair. I've seen ur party pics in the other thread and it's gorgeous! What do you use? How long does it take you to get ready? And how do you wear it during day time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

I too love Benefit Dandelion and Hoola-must try the Dallas one now!
    Also YSL mascara and Dior Addict lip glosses
    Also Aussie 3 minute miracle for hair, and Body Shop Shea Butter-both of these smell lush as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

You guys know that 8 hour cream is overpriced vaseline?

Yes YSL faux effect!!

As for sunscream, shisheido has the best technology when it comes to this stuff and skincare. You cant be too careful with Irish skin.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love... Lush Love Lettuce face mask.. Frizz Ease hair syrum (for blow drying) and just plain old Oil of Olay beauty fluid.. Keeps me mug soft as a babys ar*e.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Vaseline..it's a lifesaver
    Clinique dramatically different moisturiser-best moisturiser ever!!
    Silcocks Base-Brilliant body moisturiser too....
    Giorgio Armani foundation- it's great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Silcocks base/atrixo for my hands
    vaseline for my lips
    anne french moisturiser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

Have to say that the 8 hour cream is definately not over priced vaseline.

I had really really badly chapped/cracked lips, bleeding and all, and I was using vaseline but it was not getting any better, so I have a tube of Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and put it on my lips.

Lips were fine the next morning. I dont know what is in it, but it definately is a wonder product.

meowCat wrote:
    sillysausage, I'd rather like to know how you do your hair. I've seen ur party pics in the other thread and it's gorgeous! What do you use? How long does it take you to get ready? And how do you wear it during day time?

Hey, if I am curling its shockwaves curl sculpting moose, but I always mix in a bit of 'BIG hair' moose too, I scrunh it, then use the diffuser.
    Then I sometimes thongs for definition.

Otherwise I blowdry straight, use my ghd to straighten it, the take sections, bring it half way down the hair, then flip the hair around the ghd, like you would with a curling thongs, hold it for two secs then let go.

I hope that helps, if you need a better explanation just let me know :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

eight hour cream - its the best! esp on chapped lips.

also crem de la mer facial scrub its fantastic expensive so buy it on ebay instead of BT's but its amazing.

ketsugo - only thing that clears up problem skin

Hey, if I am curling its shockwaves curl sculpting moose, but I always mix in a bit of 'BIG hair' moose too, I scrunh it, then use the diffuser.
    Then I sometimes thongs for definition.

Otherwise I blowdry straight, use my ghd to straighten it, the take sections, bring it half way down the hair, then flip the hair around the ghd, like you would with a curling thongs, hold it for two secs then let go.

I hope that helps, if you need a better explanation just let me know :D

I have a Remington sleek&curl straightener. But the curls never seem to stay for long.
    I have tried out mouses. But they make my hair feel strangely coarse.

Anyone else who could recommend good hair styling products?

silly sausgage is right the ghd make great curls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Ok, I've read through everything and can't find one thing for eyes.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Other than that, I use clinique for men and fid it great, yeah it's a bit more expensive than Nivea or Gilette but definetly worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

gillo wrote:

Other than that, I use clinique for men and fid it great, yeah it's a bit more expensive than Nivea or Gilette but definetly worth the money.

As in eye creams?

Well i've just started using Shisedo eye treatment patches. Hydrating patches you put under your eyes once a week to help with puffiness/fine lines/dehydration etc. So I'll let you know how they go. Girl in work uses Creme De La Mer Eye Balm. Seems to be a good improvement but expensive!!

meowCat wrote:
    I have a Remington sleek&curl straightener. But the curls never seem to stay for long.
    I have tried out mouses. But they make my hair feel strangely coarse.

Anyone else who could recommend good hair styling products?

It does make your hair slightly course, but I find thats the best state for your hair to be in to hold a ringlet type curl.

If your going for the 'charlotte from sex and the city' type curls, definately use the ghd to just curl and flick the hair!

for eyes:

Benefits wonderlift is great to perk you up before going out

estee Lauder do these fab patches that you place under your eyes for a few minutes they are great they tighten up the skin & get rid of bags and shadows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

8 hour cream
    Benefit Benetint and that whole set of highlighters- great for cheeks
    Mac Lipglass
    Vaseline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

REN Moisturiser/repair - It is Brilliant http://www.renskincare.com/catalogue/skincare/treatment-skincare/frank-repair

I got it in Harvey Nichols. It only has all natural ingredients.

Nivea cleanser

Dr Hauska toner - really mild and natural

Lancome eye make-up remover
    - it removes everything from your eyes (except your eye of course)

Angels on bare skin from lush - This is a face scrub but really soft.

As for make-up

Max Factor Panstick is good but I use clarins extra-firming foundation.

MAc Blusher -pinch o peach - this suits the celtic pale skin tones really nicely.

Maybeline mascara

L'Occatine tinted Shea butter in blackberry- gives a lovely stain to lip, cheeks or wherever.

NO .7 eyeshadow in Wheatsheaf

Vaseline

Johnsons Baby Oil

Rose Water from the chemist

I have boxes full of other stuff but these are the best IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

Clinique clour rub for an instant healthy glow and Armani hydo glow foundation, i swear by it!

• Advertisement

I am trying to print this thread off on the sly in work cos of all the quality tips :)

gillo wrote:

Are you looking for something against wrinkles or just for soothing? I wear hard contacts and sometimes the area around my eyes feels a bit sore after taking them out. Olay's Eye Contour Gel is unbeatable in such cases!!

Generally, for skin, I can recommend L'Oreal Pure Zone Deep Exfoliating Gel Wash. I use it every other day while having a shower and you can really feel how it unblocks all pores. And it doesn't dry out skin. Fab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Basically something soothing, I've got great big dark bags, I've tried both clinique for men's eyes cream and Boots No. 7 cream (someone here recommended it) and they are ok, but the bags are still there.

Oh and one for the guys, a shaving brush and palmolive shaving cream, it takes a bit more work than oils, foams or gels but beats them hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Lancome Teint Idole if you need coverage but still want your makeup to look natural. It also lasts all day!
    I don't like vaseline for lips because it's one of those products that if you start using it, you need to keep using it, so I find Burt's Bees Lip balm much better!
    However vaseline is brilliant for eyelashes! I put it on every night and it really stops my eyelashes drying out from mascara.
    Palmers Cocoa Butter is great for toning the skin - you feel the difference immediately!
    Mac make the best eyeshadows and they have a huge variety. I also love their liquid eyeliners.
    YSL faux effect lashes is great for volumising but you have to be careful about not putting too much on!
    Neutrogena 2in1 face wash and mask is great as a face mask because it cleanses the skin deeply yet leaves it really soft. I don't really like it as a face wash though!
    Clearasil Ultra rapid action cream is brilliant for getting rid of spots quickly.
    Clinique 3 step really transforms your skin, I would recommend everyone use it!
    Also love Body Shop brushes because they are as good as mac and Bobbi Brown but WAY cheaper!

I'm pretty sure I could think of more but these are the best in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Armani Foundation
    Eve Lom Cleanser and face mask
    8hr C
    Shu Umera eyelash curlers
    3min miracle
    Dior Show Mascara
    Revlon 3 day mascara for the bottom lashes
    Touche Eclait, essential and there is no rival product
    Elizabeth Arden Bronzer; lovely brush with it and doesn't crumble in your bag like Mac, Hoola ect.
    Lancaster fake tan.....medium.......most natural of all.
    Benetint.
    Nars convertable colour, lots of great colours; great for cheeks, lips...keep in your pocket for quick fixes; it's about €40 but will last about 12 months with daily use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Cannot survive without...

Clarins Beauty Flash balm - so reliant on this towards the end of a long night out!
    Garnier anti-ageing skin refining wash.
    Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 - hardcore stuff but it certainly does the job.
    Baby oil gel (for knees and elbows) - I use the Superdrug one rather than Johnsons as it works just the same but is much cheaper.
    Charles Worthington shine silkening serum for my frizzy head.
    Latest wonder product discovery is Boots Botanics intensive lip balm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Nivea Lip Balm Gloss - its brilliant when you have chapped lips and you are heading out for the night as its a great lip gloss too :)

Advertisement