Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zaragoza vs Barcelona (25/2/06 9pm)

• 25-02-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Expect 30 mins of ( he dived, never a red) then the match on SSE

Zara thumped madrid 6-1 recently and seriously blow hot and cold, so either they be deadly or get murdered, gotta love La Liga for that. Barca lost 2 of last 3 in the league after winning the previous 17 in a row.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

aigh, should be a thriller..
    paddypower is down so can't get my marquez first score bet on.. annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

Marquez never scores - Haha!

Anyway, Barcelona should win this one but they struggle a bit on the away pitches. They like the huge pitch of the Nou Camp which gives plenty of room for passing the ball around.I think Giuly should be playing instead of Messi. I want that wonderkid protected and dont' want his ego to totally explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Interesting to see how bad it is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

[nicK] wrote:
    aigh, should be a thriller..
    paddypower is down so can't get my marquez first score bet on.. annoying!
    You're lucky I suppose....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Disgraceful treatment of Eto'o by the Zaragoza fans. They should make them play their next match behind closed doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Eto'o had to be convinced not to walk off the pitch because of incessant rascist chanting:mad:

With the game poised at 0-0 Eto'o had enough and had to be persuaded by the ref, players off both teams and ultimately his manager to play on. When play resumed Barca immediately won a peno and went 1 up. Minutes later Eto'o supplied the cross for Larsson to put them 2 up.

Eto'o was abused right up to the final whistle. I suspect something will at long last happen about the deep rooted racsism blighting Spanish football after this disgraceful behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

KdjaC wrote:
    Expect 30 mins of ( he dived, never a red) then the match on SSE

Wasn't going to happen with the Spanish football guys. They are far more objective because they don't have to pimp the premiership.
    Chucky wrote:
    I think Giuly should be playing instead of Messi.

Giuly isn't fit at the moment.

Fair play to Samuel Eto'o for taking a stand against the abuse he was receiving. Spain has a serious problem with racism at football games, hopefully now the Spanish FA will deal with it instead of sweeping it under the carpet and laughing it off as usual.

Also what better way to answer the scum in the crowd than to play even harder and set up a good goal for Larsson. Fair result in the end, but when Zaragoza went down to ten men (not mentioned at all really due to the abuse) they were always going to find it hard to get an equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Zaragoza's so called "fans" were a disgrace tonight. Something has to be done to get racism out of football and fast! I was delighted Barca went onto win after all that.

Interestingly, I heard Chelsea fans making racist-chants when Eto'o had the ball at one of the corners at Stamford Bridge last Wednesday. It only happened once during the game but has failed to be noticed by the media.

Anyway, now that racism is big (and bad) news in soccer I feel that some fans are just doing it to get on players' backs irrespective of whether they are racist towards the player or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

There were also fascist salutes from a few supporters aswell clearly picked up by the cameras as they did close ups of the fans during the spell were Eto'o was being persuaded to stay on the pitch. These were fully grown men, some middle aged. It beggars belief! If the authorities don't start by banning all those who did the salute, well then therein lies the problem because there is no excuse not to when they are caught on film close up and can be easily identified.

http://www.youtube.com/w/eto%27o-racism?v=vXkwBd3EeGM&feature=Recent&page=5&t=t&f=b

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4751876.stm

• Advertisement

Could alcohol be involved? Are they allowed alcohol during La Liga games? Actually, they'd still be drinking beforehand wouldn't they.

Do ye think that Zaragoza should be forced to play without fans for their next home game or would that just provoke the fans more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its a disgrace what the Zaragoza fans did

hopefully it wont be another 600 euro fine :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I hope they get fined 500,000 euro at least. If anything, all of the gate receipts they made should be taken from them since there all scumbags. Second time in a row. Disrespecting arguably the best striker in the world at the moment and bringing racism into it...disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

cheesedude wrote:
    Disrespecting arguably the best striker in the world at the moment and bringing racism into it...disgusting.
    Because the fact that he is (and most definitely arguably) "the best striker in the world" makes a difference?

This sort of **** needs to be stamped out with zero tolerance.

Advertisement