Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil heating Firebird Super Q

Options
  • 25-02-2006 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi Folks,
    In doing up an old house I have just had this burner moved from the kitchen out to the outside of the house into a purpose built concrete little house. The builder/plumber who moved it did a super job but unfortunately it has become very unreliable. It will fail to heat up regularly, the plumber has showed me a reset switch inside the cabinet which after I press "ON" several times a day. The heating occassionally starts up at this stage and may or may not stay running for a short enough period of time. The unit fails as the "Lock out" light comes on.
    Anyone know why this happens?
    Is this boiler suitable for its new enclosure?
    Does it need to be in a room?

Dairbhre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lock out is normally caused by the photocell not seeing a flame...normally caused by
    a) no flame
    b) dirty photocell or failed photo cell

a) no flame could be caused by a multitude of problems.

Your best bet is to take the burner out, hold it away and start it up. If you get a good flame, then look at the photocell. If you don't get a good flame, then look there...
    could be oil pump, coupling between motor & pump, coil to name a few..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

dairbhre wrote:
    Hi Folks,
    In doing up an old house I have just had this burner moved from the kitchen out to the outside of the house into a purpose built concrete little house. The builder/plumber who moved it did a super job but unfortunately it has become very unreliable. It will fail to heat up regularly, the plumber has showed me a reset switch inside the cabinet which after I press "ON" several times a day. The heating occassionally starts up at this stage and may or may not stay running for a short enough period of time. The unit fails as the "Lock out" light comes on.
    Anyone know why this happens?
    Is this boiler suitable for its new enclosure?
    Does it need to be in a room?

Dairbhre
    The boiler is probaby OK where it is.
    There are 3 buttons which you can press. One is on the time switch, next is on, or beside, the thermostat. The 3rd is a reset button on the burner. Which are you pressing ?
    If the lockout light is coming on, it is probably the burner button you are pressing. What burner is on the boiler ?
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Had similar problems last year, got the boiler serviced and it solved it. Probably just needs a service

Advertisement