Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General opinion on Mocks?

Options
  • 25-02-2006 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

I just want to get everyone's opinions about the mock exams. In general, what does everyone think? Were they as difficult as you expected? Maybe easier? Do you think they are marked hard on purpose?

Thoughts, opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

Everything was grand but Maths, I was happy that i could handle the intensity though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

So far they're pretty much what I was expecting, but I've only done Biology, Chemistry and Irish (which doesn't count anyway because it's a dead language). I'm really, really, REALLY not looking forward to 6hrs 10 mins of English on Monday, and I've heard that the maths exam is meant to be impossible! Has anyone else heard this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

irish does count if coz you need it for points!!!

I found the mocks grand considering that i studied the night before for all of them (or in the case of biology and homec, that morning :D) Time to cop on though and settle down with a study plan of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

im still at my mocks!! 3 left.. french music biology...
    they're goin ok. d hardest was chemistry id say..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Mine were a bit of a disaster, I found most of them to be fairly badly written.

They weren't overly hard, I just didn't remember how to do things on them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

irish does count if coz you need it for points!!!

I found the mocks grand considering that i studied the night before for all of them (or in the case of biology and homec, that morning :D) Time to cop on though and settle down with a study plan of some sort

Hahah me too aber!! I didnt even realise what I was doing - i think not taking them seriously was the key - because I dindnt freak out (well only a likl!) - I think the mocks were grand! like yes I wasn't prepared but I just tried my best in the exam - advice don't ever not write an anwser to a question! I think I will do ok considering the fact that I did that! You have to try you know!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Shelga wrote:
    Irish (which doesn't count anyway because it's a dead language)
    Im using it for points definitely... so it counts for some of us... :)

is it higher or ordinary maths y'all are worried about?
    i've only done paper 1 so far, but that (ordinary) was handy i thought..

im half way through mine, have finished irish completely, tape, oral 'n all.
    twas ok, i shoulda been better prepared for it (h level), but i was happy with it definitely, and my oral went great.. tape was a bitch tho..

so far they've all been pretty fair i guess.
    i think theyre definitely a good idea.

i cant comment on them being marked yet, as i still have a lot to do!

physics tomorrow morning, eeeeeeek... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭astro

lorreto beuford charge something like 70 euro to do the mocks and they dont even do christmas exams:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I thought they were grand, just realized that I wasnt really prepared for them, Id say I passed everything no bother with the exception of Physics but probably wont get my points..

The mocks are a wakeup call, once I get the results and realize that I didnt get my points I will freak, who really wants to do an extra year at school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Mine were disastrous, I've never properly studied before and I don't know what I'm going to do between now and June. :eek:

My parents aren't gonna like the report, that's gonna be an issue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

mine were ok, maths (o.l) was awful!? but other than that they were damn hard but do-able, kinda made me realise that ive a lot of work to do before june, but that its not toally unattainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

pretty easy overall. didnt fail any. for my own good i should have deliberately failed some tbh as it would dent my every growing complacency.

the mocks are good if you fail, otherwise they give you false confidence. i know a guy that got an a1 in his english pre's and failed the real deal a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Mocks were grand apart from Maths and Physics, but I always knew I didn't work enough for them anyway. Engineering was a shock too, but passable.
    So far I've got three papers back and out of 3 subjects I have 125 points, but one of these was a fail...

Advertisement