Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB Q's

• 25-02-2006 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

just orderd eircom bb there last week over the interweb, just want to know
    1. will they notify me when i've reached my download quota,
    2. what exras are they going to put on the bill (i'm the 29.95 option)
    3. is it easy to install (Wireless Laptop)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

mmm, barbecue *drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

will they notify me when i've reached my download quota,

nope !!!! .... :( .... but they do have a stats link that will allow you to check your status .... enter your tel. no and rem to include the dash after the area code (or it wont work :rolleyes: ) and of course your phone bill account number ....

http://home.eircom.net/broadband/

select support ..... look for ...'your broadband stats'
    what extras are they going to put on the bill (i'm the 29.95 option)

hopefully none .... :) (I'll tell you when I get my first bill .... I signed up a couple of weeks ago ....
    is it easy to install (Wireless Laptop)

I went the Ethernet route and was dead easy ..... the wireless is a bit more fancy (use of CD !!!! .... yipeeeee :D ) .... but I'm guessing it wont be any problem ..... If your getting the Netopia 3347NWG here's some info on its installation .... follow the instructions to the letter like ....'Do NOT connect anything until you are advised to do so'

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=21&E=0000000000012325381&K=1048&Sxi=7&Question5001=obj(5001):obj(5004)

(click on the modem piccy)

that's it .... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

hobie, thanks for the advice, do you know how long it takes until the modem and bits arrive, it said 3 weeks when i ordered it.

Thanks again.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Volvoboy wrote:
    2. what exras are they going to put on the bill (i'm the 29.95 option)
    Your first bill will be hefty.
    You will be billed from the date you were connected to your bill date.
    Plus, your BB subscription is paid in advance so you will also be billed for the next month (if you get your phone bill monthly) or for the next 2 months (if you get your phone bill every 2 months).
    All that will be on top of your normal line rental and calls.
    You should have it quicker than 3 weeks. Normally 10 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

do you know how long it takes until the modem and bits arrive, it said 3 weeks when I ordered it

My Router etc arrived within a week and the line enabled 10 days after ordering .... not bad I thought!!!! .... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement