Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any free hosting that supports ASP.NET 2.0?

Options
  • 25-02-2006 10:39pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any of them around?

There is just a wee page that I have to put up. Not worth buying a domain and hosting. I don't mind what the URL is.

Thanks for the help in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I havent seen any free 2.0 hosting as yet, although there are providers out there offering very reasonable options...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I think Microsoft will (or are) offering a testing platform for users of asp.net 2.0
    It's not full hosting, but would give you remote access to a server running the technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

www.vwdhosting.net has 30 free trial hosting for ASP 2.0. Apprears to be a MS company.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Obelisk29 wrote:
    www.vwdhosting.net has 30 free trial hosting for ASP 2.0. Apprears to be a MS company.

That's the one :)

It's part of the promo they're running on asp.net 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I use Somee.com
    Check out their details here: http://www.somee.com/FreePackage.aspx
    They put banner ads at the top of each page but they say they support ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0.

I have only had a couple of small scripts on there for less than a week so I can't comment on reliability although I haven't had any issues yet *touch wood*.

• Advertisement
Advertisement