Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business help!!

Options
  • 25-02-2006 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

i need to write up a methodof communication ie. letter, meeting etc.
    i want to do a meeting, it would be an emergency meeting. i dont know how to lay it out. it just talks about the agenda etc not the layout
    help me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You need an agenda

An Agenda is just a list of bullet points of what the meeting will be about.

Time:
    Date:

Agenda

1. Minutes from last meeting
    2. Item
    3. Item
    4. Item
    5 AOB (Any Other Business)

Everyone at the meeting should have a copy of the agenda and the minutes from the previous meeting. And that's pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

If you mean to write out a meeting, it would normally be the agenda. Or the minutes of the meeting, but that would usually be stated in the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

im having a meeting with stockholders to discuss a fire that occurred and how it will effect business and them. will i put it in past tense or will i write it as its happening... im not sure..

Do you have to "describe" the meeting or prepare the agenda?

If it's an agenda then whatever mix of tenses make most sense. A description of it speaks for itself.

im not sure, just have to pick an appropriate method to tell them what they need to know! i chose meeting. its an emergency meeting so does that still need an agenda? do i have to write the main speakers?

• Advertisement

Misticles wrote:
    im not sure, just have to pick an appropriate method to tell them what they need to know! i chose meeting. its an emergency meeting so does that still need an agenda? do i have to write the main speakers?

Well then you could have just one item on the agenda.

So you could start by describing the occasion and then the main speaker as follows.

"Ladies and gentleman thank you for coming to the EGM. Our agenda today has only one item ................. "

Then write that and the responses to it either as a description or dialogue.

ok, so ill just explain to them about the dividends, cause of the fire, how long it will take for business to resume as normal.. there will only be one speaker really, me explaining the issues to them. should there be any more speakers?

TBH If it's just one speaker then I'd say it's a method of communication.
    In the real world at formal meeting like that there are usually a couple of speakers- Chairman/CEO/Financial Officer etc. so add them in if you want.

ok,ill speak about the general stuff and have my financial director ot the likes to speak about the dividends.. cheers. oh wait do i still have to appoint a chairman and minutes secretary?

It depends on the size of a meeting. If it's a large EGM or similar no. But if it's smaller group then I would include them in your speech.

• Advertisement

its just a few managers/ directors etc and the stock holders.

Yes I'd do that just to show you know what you are talking about and understand the structure of that type of meeting. Good luck with it.

thanks a mill

Advertisement