Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unseen footage of the riots.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

ApeXaviour wrote:
    What street is that on?

Leinster St ( between Nassau St. and Clare St)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Simona1986 wrote:
    No weapons were left in O'Connel street. It's a builing site FFS. It was cordened off as any building site is and it was simply broken into. It was a very stupid decision to let a march go around a building site, never mind this sort of march, never mind to let it happen in the first place. As a result of the riot, the building work on the site has been delayed by a minimum of 2 weeks and approx. €50,000 damage has been done on that site alone. Never mind the cars which are probably around €20,000 each so the initial figures of estimated damage are way off the mark. Whoever gave the go ahead for this march has a lot to answer for imho.
    Analogy: A man walks into a store, gets the sh*t kicked out of him by knackers, who then loot and trash the store itself. When the man goes to hospital he's told - "Well, you've a lot to answer for for walking into the shop then, haven't you?!":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jam

Fair f**ks to prc666, somone get that girl an SLR. Or decent cameraphone. Anyone want to lash a hat around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I'm fcuking raging. This is yet another example of the chav culture holding ordinary decent people to ransom, and in my view not so much a sign that we have not yet reached a level of maturity in matters surrounding Northern Ireland, as it is a clear and vivid reminder that the welfare state has been proven to be a failure. Lest we forget, we are all subsiding these fcukbags in their idle menace.

Thanks to all who captured images of this carnage and violence, and also those who hosted these images and made those of us who thankfully weren't there aware once more of how deep and murky the gene pool really is.

I reserve particular condemnation for the orchestrators of this outrage, standing behind the lines co-ordinating efforts via mobile phones and bluetooth headsets, oh and bulletin boards too (as was reported in today newspapers.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Jam wrote:
    Fair f**ks to prc666, somone get that girl an SLR. Or decent cameraphone. Anyone want to lash a hat around?
    hehe best post so far ;]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I actually think this all had nothing to do with Northern Ireland. Ask any of the scumbags anything about the North and they'd just spout something like.. cause we want the orange B's out... not knowing anything about what they're talking about.

Yesterday was an excuse for scum to blow off steam. We faciliated them! I just looked at my payslip earlier and noted that I'll be paying a couple of them this week. I feel as robbed as the shops on O'Connoll St.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Of course it had nothing to do with politics, it was an excuse for scumbags to go on a rampage.

Trotter wrote:
    Yesterday was an excuse for scum to blow off steam. We faciliated them! I just looked at my payslip earlier and noted that I'll be paying a couple of them this week. I feel as robbed as the shops on O'Connoll St.

Me also... Sickened would be an apt description, why we have to subsidise the *voluntary* inadequacies of others is quite beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

D wrote:
    Of course it had nothing to do with politics, it was an excuse for scumbags to go on a rampage.

that's my feeling too. Just an excuse for scangers to "wreck the gaff........................... bud"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

my car was about 100 yards from there.... no damage thank god. wasnt there myself was a few streets over, but as soon as we got down there the crowd has moved on...

still, shameless violence from people who dont even know what they are doing or fighting about.
    perhaps they need a history lesson as "imo" most of them probably dont even know....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Methinks mass extermination of skangers is in order and RTE are calling them republican rioters and these inbred knackers now think oh were republican boyz but in fact most of them cant even read or write except their signature on the dole queue.

I would have loved to take a pop at this filth a few of them dead would have been a bonus, just a pity the cops did'nt do a dame street on them as it would have been nice to watch these rats being smashed into the gutter were they all belong....

Right I am off to get my anti-skanger spray:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

how do you starve a skanger?
    hide their dole card under their work boots....

LOL :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

how do you starve a skanger?
    hide their dole card under their work boots....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

man no wonder I was getting so much bad attention when I was driving close to Oconnel st on saturday afternoon. I drive a MN reg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

march should have never been allowed !!
    Should the march have been allowed in the 1st place ?

It seems a pretty pro-partition point of view to suggest that a particular group of Irish people shouldn't be allowed to march through their own Capital city. Why should it be just the shinners that get to do it? It's not like we want them in our city either.

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭IrishEmperor

I was just trying to get home after a nice evening out in town and night spent back at a ladies apartment:

was standing at the 15 bus-stop next to Trinity with about 50 other people (nobody there from Dublin bus to tell us to go up to the NCH [where there were f-all bus drivers and buses anyway]) and 200-300 scumbags came around the corner (between Doyles pub and the Garda station) chanting "CIRA-blah-blah.." and then they started running in our direction:
    EVERYBODY mutters "OMG! ****!" and starts running in the other direction...
    - I think this group headed up to Leinster house and some of them went further down Nassau St. and thats when the car torching happened.

I went up to O'Connell St. at this stage to see what happened/was happening.
    The pics were taken between 230 and 330pm.

My curosity nearly got me beaten... I was standing next to O'Connell Bridge - bewildered and when a baton charge came from the Garda I didnt automatically react like everyone else and run (riot cops were coming in from the other end of Westmoreland anyway) - I only began running when I saw a cop coming straight at me with his baton in the air!

A Bizarre day.. almost felt like I wasnt there - too much TV I guess ;)

Fleet Street 01.JPG

Nassau Street 01.JPG

O'Connell Bridge 01.JPG

O'Connell Bridge 02.JPG

O'Connell Bridge 04.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

nice pics emperor. bit too close to the front line though, you could have easily been beaten to a pulp... and that's BEFORE you're dragged into a van :)

• Advertisement

nice pics emperor. bit too close to the front line though, you could have easily been beaten to a pulp... and that's BEFORE you're dragged into a van :)

ah the Garda aint soo bad - its the Japanese cops I'd be more worried about :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

I wouldn't have objected to a few snipers atop the GPO picking of the scumbags, coulped with a few hunderd troops on the ground(armed of course) would have stopped all the violence before it began...:D :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

eoge wrote:
    I've re-hosted those photos here: http://www.eoghanmccabe.com/temp/.

They won't be up for long if the traffic gets too high.

NB: These photos are not mine and I have not gotten permission to re-host them.

If you need an extra place to store, let me know and ill hook ya up

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭exiztone

I'm fcuking raging. This is yet another example of the chav culture holding ordinary decent people to ransom, and in my view not so much a sign that we have not yet reached a level of maturity in matters surrounding Northern Ireland, as it is a clear and vivid reminder that the welfare state has been proven to be a failure. Lest we forget, we are all subsiding these fcukbags in their idle menace.

I don't care how politically incorrect this sounds, but I'd have every one of their ghettos torched. Fight fire with fire. They're too much a burden on our society to be allowed to exist.

Seriously, I've never been more outraged in my life! I can't go out onto the streets these days without being afraid that I could be hopped off by some idiots with 45 degree caps.

I'd have no scruples starting a vigilante group that patrol the streets of Dublin looking for these little skangers, break them up and torture them. What the hell did that guy from Centra do exactly? He tried to defend the shop he works in? Yeah, what an "Orange b*astard"!

Line them up and have them shot! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sully04 wrote:
    If you need an extra place to store, let me know and ill hook ya up

Hey are you able to host a video @ 3.17mb?

It's a little ditty I put together :D

can ya not use youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

DaveMcG wrote:
    Hey are you able to host a video @ 3.17mb?

It's a little ditty I put together :D

ill do it for ya, just pm me and ill give you the details

exiztone wrote:
    I don't care how politically incorrect this sounds, but I'd have every one of their ghettos torched. Fight fire with fire. They're too much a burden on our society to be allowed to exist.

Seriously, I've never been more outraged in my life! I can't go out onto the streets these days without being afraid that I could be hopped off by some idiots with 45 degree caps.

I'd have no scruples starting a vigilante group that patrol the streets of Dublin looking for these little skangers, break them up and torture them. What the hell did that guy from Centra do exactly? He tried to defend the shop he works in? Yeah, what an "Orange b*astard"!

Line them up and have them shot! :mad:

I think zero tolerance, Rudy Guiliani style, and a coherent reform of the welfare system are the way forward. The first is a very slim possibility, the second however, an impossibility IMHO, because we have gone too far down the road of encouraging the parasitic plague that is the ill educated rampantly-reproducing, feckless, council house dwelling mong, visible on every main street up and down the country. I was on O Connell St. three weeks ago, and was approached _SIX_ times "for da bus fare, bud", twice by the same idiot. I'm not singling out Dublin for a second, this is a nationwide problem, actually, scrap that, the U.K. is in an even worse predicament than we are.

These are the same idiots that slag off asylum seekers and foreign workers, "'cos' de're takin' our jobs"; What fcuking jobs? We are accomodating a massive number of our Eastern European friends, who work their asses off for minimal pay, while these little Nike wearing insects are still claiming their weekly giros while the economy booms...

Mods, apologies for the OT rant, I'll happily start a new thread if necessary in a more suitable place...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

We missed a perfect chance yesterday, there was a highly concentrated and centralised gathering of pure scum, we could have eliminated a fair proportion of the filth on our streets. I'm not altogether against mass extermination. I don't even think I'm joking either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sparky-s wrote:
    ill do it for ya, just pm me and ill give you the details
    It's ok I just got youtube working :) Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50952949&postcount=46

Advertisement