Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gum infection

• 25-02-2006 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

so basically, i have an infection in my gum due to an excess little flap of gum (dentist said its a breeding ground for bacteria) caused by my wisdom teeth coming up.
    i'm just finished a course of anti-biotics for it but they dont really seem to have done the trick in getting rid of it, and i wont be able to get back to dentist/doctor for another week or so.....
    so any suggestions on how i can rid of it/at least keep it at bay til i can get another appointment?
    i've been washing my mouth out with salty water-will this help at all?

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

Salty water should help the infection. I have my wisdom teeth coming down too but I dont have any excess gum. The only other thing I can think of is it may be an abscess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

omg, i have the exact same thing! ye, my dentist told me hot water and salt every 2 hours. i have strong painkillers too, its so painful!its periconitis.. inflammation of the area around the crown of the tooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ashlynch

there is a mouthwash called corsodel (maybe spelly wrong!) that I use as I have very bad gums, prone to infections, that is very good, not too tasty but does work..

Advertisement