Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a leased line

• 26-02-2006 12:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

Hi, up to 2 years ago it was about €400 plus vat per meg for a leased line, does anyone know if this price has come down since at what is the costs for it now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

It all depends on long the actual point to point link is. i.e. the length from your location to your ISP of choice.

A 2mb leased line could cost from about 10k a year to 50k a year depending on the provider.

Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

flamegrill wrote:
    It all depends on long the actual point to point link is. i.e. the length from your location to your ISP of choice.

A 2mb leased line could cost from about 10k a year to 50k a year depending on the provider.

Paul
    Well the MAN runs just past my front door, so the ptp wouldnt be too long or am i mistaken?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Well the MAN runs just past my front door, so the ptp wouldnt be too long or am i mistaken?

If you are near a MAN then contact enet.ie to find out what providers have lit a ring on it, they are your potential suppliers Paddy.

Typically a 10Mbit fibre leased line on a MAN is the same price as a 1Mbit copper leased line from eircom (the traditional kind) , as a rule of thumb when pricing, and runs on fibre not copper.

HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Thanks, i will do.

Advertisement