Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where was the SU during all this?

Options
  • 26-02-2006 2:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

A protest goes by and absolutely NO UCDSU presence -- at all?! :eek:

Shocked tbh :v:

;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

therewasaprotestindublincitycentretodayandiwasmakinalittlejokeaboutthesunotbeingthereandimplyingthattheyreinvolvedineveryprotest

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i getcha now... spacebar broken was it:p?

I'm tryin to write a feckin irish essay and all my brain energy is being used up trying to understand what i'm doing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Really? I heard they were the group that organised the blockade of O Connell Street

:v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

If my SU were involved in that stupid counter protest, id flip. The SU should not associate itself with Nationalist or Loyalist facists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

It was crazy though, wasn't it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

insane. nassau street was like a battleground not to mention o'connell street. it looked like Beirut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I was there. Almost akin to saying "I was in the 'Nam", even at this stage.

It wasn't that bad. A few petrol bombs here and there, items of masonry used as projectiles, looting and physical violence fcuking everywhere you looked... Seen worse in London at about 11-11:30pm on a Saturday night tbh.*

*Note: I am, obviously, taking the p*ss. I don't think I've ever been more scared for my own safety, especially with my accent...

Thank fcuk I didn't wear my England shirt, eh?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

^
    Ye orange b@stard! *thump*

:p

I was there too, pretty scary! Rocks, fireworks, petrol bombs, etc., bein thrown... then the riot police started chargin and everybody legs it! :D Mad sh!t in general. I started headin home when they were at the spire, cos it seemed like it was gonna continue like that for the rest of it (ie. riot police pushing them back slowly slowly slowly), thank god I did cos it REALLY degenerated after that! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I personally praise the protest (not the violence) but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a grin on my face when I saw a table chucked through a window at the PDs HQ! :D
    If my SU were involved in that stupid counter protest, id flip.

Flip

and what do think the majority of students have been doing this year with silly non-education, UCD related protests against Irish Ferries, workers sacked from their jobs, workers who believe they have the god given right to get a job because they live near a certain place etc. etc. etc.???

• Advertisement
Advertisement