Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New clutch kit fitted (polo)

Options
  • 26-02-2006 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a 95 polo recently the clutch started acting up in the car or at least I taught it was. So brought it to a garage and explained this to the mechanic and he said fine that he would have a closer look. I get the car back the next day the clutch kit cost me €300 including the labour costs and vat but it was like it never had a clutch before!.

The following day Im having trouble with gear changes just after stopping off at some shops. The car now wasn't changing into any gear at all I taught it was the clutch cable, so I end up leaving the car there overnight, it was getting late and no garages where open.

I return to the garage the next day and my car is still back at the shops. The mechanic went off to look at the car with myself and at closer examination he noticed the clutch pedal box had snapped off and not the clutch cable, so I let them off with that but surely they should have noticed this eariler yeah?. Now this guy suggested weilding the clutch pedal box back into place and I was like "do you reackon she'd be ok, would it be a strong enough weild?". "Yea bud it wud be grand", then back at the garage he explained this to his boss and what he intended on doing to repair it.

The boss of the garage said no you need a new clutch pedal box fitted. I rang white bishop motors and they quoted me €105 inc. vat. Didn't know prices myself so I rang belgard motors and they wanted €73 inc. vat. I ordered it yesterday from belgard motors and they will have it on monday.

The thing should I go back to this garage or look elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd get onthe garage or to SIMI, and look for the old clutch to prove that it was worn out, if it wasn't they mis-diagnosed the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hi,
    I forgot to mention that the mechanic showed me the old clutch and it was badly worn (I just hope it was my clutch :o.). Its as old as the car 11 years this year so imo it needed replacing too.

Advertisement