Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German

• 26-02-2006 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭

How do I study for it? My mocks are tomorrow and I really have to start revising stuff but I don't know how! The books we have are a joke. Zur Zache is ok but 'Deutsch in Irland' is crap!

And whats more there's no notes for it online! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

I had Deutch in Irland for my JC. I got a B in JC which i was pretty dissapointed wit cause i thought i did better. But thats not the point.

If you want to do well in German or French ( I assume Spanish or Italian to but i didn't do them ) Just make a big ass Vocab last and learn all the owrds. Did it in French and i pissed all over the exam and get the easiest A of my life. Did it half assed in German and got a B.

A great book with a huge vocab list in German is Horschatz or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I got a B in the JC last year but I was dissapointed in it also. The letter really makes or breaks the A in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

For the Aurak you will need to know: directions, food, german towns and cities, types of houses, types of schoold, pastimes and hobbies, school subjects, jobs, buildings.

For the comprehensions just have a good vocabulary. You can improve on this by doing a lot of past papers.

For written expression know everythnig you need to know for the aurals plus how to describe an accident, talk about a holiday, part-time jobs.

Grammatically it helps to have a good grasp of word order and conjunctions.

Hope thids helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Thanks everyone! I thought the German exam was kinda hard..but we'll see what I got as a result! Why are people so dissappointed with B's????? :o I would love to get a B!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ali-queenb

hey i do german book KLASSE 2! i tink its all rite got a german person comin 2 my haus next week and goin der september so

• Advertisement
Advertisement