Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Questions Thread

Options
  • 26-02-2006 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Ok so i thought we could give this a try again, now that the exams are getting closer. I think you know how it goes. If you can answer a question then you can ask one, yay!!! Just state the subject and ask the question. I'll start off with a few,

1. Physics, define TOTAL INTERNAL REFLECTION.

2. Business, name the 4 P's in marketing.

3. What is the difference between a core and peripheral region?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 donegal lassie

dpnt do physics...or geo...but product price promotion place and PACKAGING

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I don't do physics or business

But i think the core region is the place that has everything eg Dublin, good infrastructure, many idustries, laods of shops, facilities etc etc

Peripheral region is a place the has feck all! eg the BMW of ireland, bad infrascture and all the opposites of what a core region has!

Very vague answer but i think I'm close enough haha!

My Q is, Biology: What's the difference between Active and Passive immunity??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

*Tripper* wrote:
    1. Physics, define TOTAL INTERNAL REFLECTION.

:eek:
    uuuum..
    ok..
    TIR is when the angle is incidence is... greater than or equal to the critical angle of a substance - the light ray enters, but the ray is reflected back into the same plane, thus causing total internal reflection??

or something along those lines!

oh and..
    for all the music kids out there, what key is the introduction to Tchaikovsky's Romeo & Juliet in? (the 1st Friar Lawrence theme)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

deisedolly wrote:

My Q is, Biology: What's the difference between Active and Passive immunity??

Active immunity is the production of antibodies in response to antigens either from infection or innoculation

Passive immunity is the transfer of antibodies through vaccine or mothers milk/placenta etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

q1]descibe the product life cycle

q2]
    in relation to the nervous system - what are the 4 processes to make the correct response to a stimulus

q3]
    what is the refractory period

q4]
    what is a hormone

q5]
    what are anabolic steroids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 smashysmashy

anyone done Economics, French or Irish Paper 2? Hints well appreciated for last minute revision ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Product life cycle- Introduction, Growth, Maturity, Decline. Eg. vcr's are in decline.
    http://focus.ti.com/graphics/mltry/general/dsp_lc.gif

Physics, state newtons LAW OF UNIVERSAL GRAVITATION

*Tripper* wrote:
    Physics, state newtons LAW OF UNIVERSAL GRAVITATION

States that any 2 points masses in the universe attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses, and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them :D

i learnt that last summer... its one of the few things i could reel off in my sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

what is the story Toraíocht, Dhiarmada agus Gráinne about? no short answers, only big, long, essay type answers will do ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement