Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Signs Around Town

Options
  • 26-02-2006 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats the story saw lots of new signs gone up round o connell william and thomas street there are bags over all of them at the moment is this to do with the pedestrianisation.

Plus anyone know why O Connell street was closed yesterday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

might be because of the building site beside the Bank. Came home this morning and there was just one lane open in front of the building site. an massive crane was in the middle of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

i thought they moght have been pedestrian crossings or something

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Didnt know o connel street was closed. when did this happen? I was in town yesterday and o connell street was open as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Secret lump

Didnt know o connel street was closed. when did this happen? I was in town yesterday and o connell street was open as usual.

At about 10 O clock last night it was completely closed. And there were workmen pottering about.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was passing there at around 03:00 this morning on my way home and they were still working through the night. Looks like they were digging up the street where O'Connell St meets Bedford Row. They had one lane opened again today though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

There is now no turn from O'Connell St. onto Thomas St.
    Thomas St. from Kranks corner to the junction with O'Connell St. is permanently closed to traffic and will be pedestrianised like Bedford Row.
    Also the traffic flow on little William St. is now reversed, that is traffic may
    now proceed from William St. to Thomas St. Previously the traffic flow was
    from Thomas St. to William.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

whats happening with the bottom of thomas street i.e just where you turn onto from o'connell street.

the bottom part of the street was all caged like on bedford row, any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Your question has been answered in the previous post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I was on William street today, was that always one lane?!??!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

was what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

was down around thomas street at lunch time the new traffic layout is causing commotion its hilarious watching some ppl who just shouldn't be allowed on the roads

Advertisement