Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking Graphics

Options
  • 26-02-2006 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I had a look at a few sites but I'm not up to speed on overclocking and don't get how to do it..
    I have Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GTO² 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) and it's supposed to overclock to an x850 or something..
    Anyone know if there's some software that does it or maybe an idiot's guid to???

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Heres a guide but if you're unsure I wouldn't even attempt it

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/127

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Thats one of the guides I'd looked at, hadn't a clue! and I really don't want to mess it up.... Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

For shame... the guide is written in plain English; just print it out & read it a couple of times; and follow the links.

Of course, the other option is to overclock using ATi-tool* only (ie, without flashing BIOS to 16-pipes); I've heard of pretty extreme speeds achieved -- performance of 12-pipe would still be inferior to lower-clocked 16-pipe cards though.

*ATi-tool pretty much is the idiot's software for over-/under-clocking; Google it

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    For shame... the guide is written in plain English; just print it out & read it a couple of times; and follow the links.

Of course, the other option is to overclock using ATi-tool* only (ie, without flashing BIOS to 16-pipes); I've heard of pretty extreme speeds achieved -- performance of 12-pipe would still be inferior to lower-clocked 16-pipe cards though.

*ATi-tool pretty much is the idiot's software for over-/under-clocking; Google it
    I'm old:-)
    Have the ATI tool and have overclocked, can't remember of hand what speed I got but it looked good but I would like to open the extra 4 pipeline.... I'll look again and see if it makes any sense to me....

Advertisement