Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for all those people desperate for mock hints...

Options
  • 26-02-2006 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

i dont get it.
    why??

its only the mocks, does it matter if you do **** in them? eeeh no.

i hate to sound like my mother, but you're only fooling yourself..... :confused:

over the last few weeks i've kept quiet about my opinion on this subject..
    but..
    i really don't get it.

its the one actual genuine full attempt and practise run at the leaving before it.. so why bother trying to find out whats gonna be on it? test yourself children. a bit of a challenge never did anyone any harm..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

boo you whore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

oh how i love mean girls!

but i agree with rockerette really...even though i did ask for help AFTER my mocks with a 2nd mock paper that we never ended up getting...so technically that doesn't count...

...technically!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

technically I agree! Although I did use some of the hints! I ended up going over everything just incase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Rockerette wrote:
    i dont get it.
    why??

i hate to sound like my mother, but you're only fooling yourself..... :confused:

but..
    i really don't get it.

its the one actual genuine full attempt and practise run at the leaving before it.. so why bother trying to find out whats gonna be on it? test yourself children. a bit of a challenge never did anyone any harm..
    I wholeheartedly endorse this product and/or statement

I had to avoid this place completely during my mocks, for fear of losing the actual benefit of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

i get hints because if i do atrociously in my mocks, my parents assume i will fail the LC, and i will be grounded from the day my mock results come to the day my leaving cert results come.
    yes i know that sounds juvenile and stupid and i agree with you, but tis the situatiion im in, so thank you to anyone posting mock hints...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

boo you whore

oooh.. i've clearly touched a sensative nerve :rolleyes:

well thats just my opinion on the whole thing, i have avoided all the mock question threads i think..
    i just dont see the point..

but each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

i completely see where you're comin from, its a great help to see where ya need work and practice at the timing scheme etc, but as you said, each to their own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

mine were one of the first in the country and yeah, i agree with rockerette it is a bit of a waste, but if anyone asked for hints on an exam id done i gave it to them-each to their own, we're all big n stupid enough to decide whats best for ourselves!

i had my last exam today (bar a music practical).. and i again dont see them point at all in finding out whats on them..

i was tempted..
    t'other morning, before my geog exam, someone had what was on it, as a friend of theirs had done it, and they had the same papers.

i was this close *holds fingers very near each other..* to looking at it.
    then the guy beside me was like "nah, i dont wanna see it thanks.."
    and that copped me on..

and would it have affected me?
    pfft,
    probably not.. the exam was grand, i did fine with my dodgy study methods..

i know everyone has their own reasons, but for people who ask for hints purely to make themselves look smart is a bit..... sad i think..

just my 2 cents..
    as i said previosuly, each to their own..
    thought i'd reinforce my opinion after i had completed my exams..

basically im glad i didnt get tips for any of them..

but yeah.. each to their own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Hypocrite. Almost.

• Advertisement

Lord Oz wrote:
    Hypocrite. Almost.

the key part being the almost :o

i was absorbed in the moment... what can i say...

It was just the pressure man, I almost couldn't resist, y'know?

=p Sorry

Fair play Rockerette, tis always tempting to do that. Just like doing past papers when you have the marking scheme, there;s a temptation to peek and see if you;re on the right track.

Raphael wrote:
    It was just the pressure man, I almost couldn't resist, y'know?

;)
    yup.. you got it...!

oh yeah i must admit i do soemtimes give in with the marking schemes.. as you said, just to check im on the right track :rolleyes:
    no point wasting your time and doing it wrong....

That's what you gotta tell yourself, else you feel guilty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

I held the same opinion as the OP...then I freaked out the night before my maths exams so I looked at the paper of someone here who had the same English paper as me and learned off the proofs and suchlike. You can probably guess, my maths test ended up being a different paper :rolleyes: Worst feeling ever. I then made the exact same mistake for history :rolleyes: That'll teach me to try and cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Rockerette wrote:
    i dont get it.
    why??

but..
    i really don't get it.

Nah, it's grand I'd rather fail on my own :rolleyes:

Our teachers gave us enough hints anyway, didn't need any extra tips really.

Advertisement