Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Load times have never been so funny...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I don't know whats worse, the loading times, or the fact I just essentially watched a clock count up to 6 mins staring attentively at the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Although it was ridiculous, I did enjoy the Trish Stratus loading screen... :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

WOW.........That taking teh piss...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Spotted that last night too; unreal... not to start the whole DS/PSP argument again, but Disc based formats on portable devices was always going to be frought with issues, battery drains and load times; this is probably an extreme case but from what I've heard bad load times are common; compare that to the load times on Nintendogs and Mario Kart (basically a 4 second long shot of the Nintendo logo) and it's pretty shítty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

flogen wrote:
    Spotted that last night too; unreal... not to start the whole DS/PSP argument again, but Disc based formats on portable devices was always going to be frought with issues, battery drains and load times; this is probably an extreme case but from what I've heard bad load times are common; compare that to the load times on Nintendogs and Mario Kart (basically a 4 second long shot of the Nintendo logo) and it's pretty shítty

this has nothing to do with psp and/or discs. it's purely horrendous coding on the part of thq. they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

It was still faster than Half-life 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Infairness the ds has no loading times (or at least none I've noticed) and ALL my psp games enrage me with loadings screens....

I stand to be corrected but don't cartidges have the benifit of NO loading times as opposed to CD's/DVD's/UMD's....coding can obviously reduce this but rarely eradicates it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

they really are taking the piss, and it's got nothing to do with the disc's as projectmayhem said it is just poor coding

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Lord Oz wrote:
    It was still faster than Half-life 2.

hl2 loads in about 60 seconds for me, if not less

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Slurms wrote:
    Although it was ridiculous, I did enjoy the Trish Stratus loading screen... :v:
    yes that was noice alright :)

as for HL2, i've loading times in or around 20secs i'd say, possibly less...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

true hl2 was bad when it was just released as there was so much stress on the servers, now it's not as bad, and certainly was never 6 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Cremo wrote:
    they really are taking the piss, and it's got nothing to do with the disc's as projectmayhem said it is just poor coding
    while 6minutes can only be due to poor coding, having solid state media would be give rise to considerbly faster disk access.

Advertisement