Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK TV In Ireland ?

• 26-02-2006 7:15pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've just picked up a 2nd hand Panasonic PD30. It's a great TV, unfortunatly it seems to be a UK model and so can't tune in NTL cable channels (analogue).

Does anyone know if there's generally (or with this TV specifically) some easy way of changing UK TVs to work here ? I've checked the service menu but can't seem to find anything.

Thanks,
    Steve.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,953 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think your stuck here as most UK models will only come with the UHF tuner whereas Irish/European modles come with UHF/VHF Tuners.

You could buy an VCR here and use that to tune in the NTL Analog channels, it would just mean that you have to use the VCR remote for changing channels and you would have to watch what your taping.

You might be able to track down a VHF to UHF converter, not sure if anyone still makes these, but they basically convert the VHF channels to UHF with mixed results.

Finally you could just sign up to NTL Digital basic package and watch the channels connected from the NTL box to your TV through a Scart.

Cheers

Snake ;)

Advertisement