Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

accounting course

• 26-02-2006 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

im doing the leaving cert next year and seen that there is a accounting course in DIT , i dont do acccounting in school but the course does not have that listed as a requirement i was wondering is it possible to do well in the course without having done accounting for leaving

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the majority (if not all) third level courses start off assuming you've no prior knowledge of said course. but it would be of benefit to have done accounting as you'd have a head start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

does anybody do accounting in dit at all that might know something

cool thanks, sorry bout what i posted above there i wasnt expecting a respnse at that exact moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

having done the subject in the leaving just means you dont have to turn up to some classes for the first term.

hell i did junior cert business studies, which use to encompass accountancy, and i made it through the accounting part of my course (altho it was a piss take imo) for some of my first year, without studyin.

oh and im doing marketing, so that might not apply to the pur accounting course.

with regards to that course i concur with project mayhem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I do Accounting & Finance, you don't really need to have done accounting, the class is fairly basic. There's a good few in my class who haven't done it, just need to work that little bit harder!

• Advertisement

thanks , feel lot more confident about it now

Advertisement