Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Supra

Options
  • 26-02-2006 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

I've imported a fair few Jap cars that I drive for a few months, then sell on for at least what I paid for them, though to date they have mostly been 'safe bets'. I'm mad to get a Supra, but when I get bored with it in a couple of months, I don't want to be stuck with a 3.0L gaz guzzler. Any opinions on how easy it would be to sell given that I'd be undercutting most of the ones on carzone etc.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

id say you will defo sell it if you get a nice looking one with good spec.
    and if you beat others selling it then defo you will get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,415 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

zuutroy wrote:
    Any opinions on how easy it would be to sell

Not easy. The Irish situation is pretty anal with extremely high insurance and tax (not even mentioning petrol and maintenance) for a 3 liter car. Ok, well, it's just under 3 liters but still very expensive and most people wouldn't even consider it
    zuutroy wrote:
    given that I'd be undercutting most of the ones on carzone etc.?

It's still a buyer's market, but I'd say you have a fair chance if you buy at the right price, import and drive the car for a bit and re-sell here. Let us know how you're doing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

drdre wrote:
    id say you will defo sell it if you get a nice looking one with good spec.

Here she is.....

146901_F_Large.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you would have a limited market but if your under cutting other prices then you should get anyone that is looking for one interested.

Advertisement