Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Player?

• 26-02-2006 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

just wondering who is your favourite player???
    mine would have to be Ernie...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Halo wrote:
    just wondering who is your favourite player???
    mine would have to be Ernie...

Freddie "BOOM BOOM" Couples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

I know I should hate him but I d have to say Tiger. I just love the way he plays the game and if I had to pick one player to model my game on It would definately be him. You also have to give the fella respect for his attitude, hes a winner pure and simple. Hes also a cocky overachiever who loves himself........so im kinda split.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sergio Garcia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DIEGO WORST

Ernie Els.

I could watch that swing all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

José Maria Olazabal

What a striker of an iron

• Advertisement

Dman_15 wrote:
    José Maria Olazabal

What a striker of an iron
    Ollie is also one of my favourites, i'd be delighted to see him get into the ryder cup team for ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Mine would definetly be Annika Sorenstam on the LPGA tour. She wins so much and she's european

swingking wrote:
    Mine would definetly be Annika Sorenstam on the LPGA tour. She wins so much and she's european
    ah well if it's the womens tour you're talking about then christy kerr, paula creamer ;) etc, but they can never compete with the men, has a women even made the cut in a post war mans event yet.
    european players i'd say McGinley Clarke and Olazabal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Darren Clarke is great, he seems to always have a great time and a smile on his face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I gotsta say Ernie :D , really do enjoy watching him play, second would be Singh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

... the Greatest of them all ... Ben Hogan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dgolfqueen

As I am a lady I have to admire Annika Sorenstam!
    she is really good! :)

Ruu wrote:
    Darren Clarke is great, he seems to always have a great time and a smile on his face :)
    and what a round from him yesterday, smashing 63

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

Quote:

ah well if it's the womens tour you're talking about then christy kerr, paula creamer etc, but they can never compete with the men, has a women even made the cut in a post war mans event yet.

Hi JR ya know women don't have the ability to play the game like men do due to their physique but all amateurs would learn from looking at the games of players like Annika. Annika is an awesome player she has a fantastic mind game and repetitive swing, that is why she should be admired. The mens game is all about power which is all wrong, remember the era of players such as faldo hitting sweet 2 irons.

Your right about fred couples, my bro saw him last year hitting a sweet 2 iron from 242 yards in to a slight breeze, feckin magic dude.

Ya Christy Kerr is very nice:rolleyes:

pwee wrote:

Hi JR ya know women don't have the ability to play the game like men do due to their physique but all amateurs would learn from looking at the games of players like Annika. Annika is an awesome player she has a fantastic mind game and repetitive swing, that is why she should be admired. The mens game is all about power which is all wrong, remember the era of players such as faldo hitting sweet 2 irons.

Your right about fred couples, my bro saw him last year hitting a sweet 2 iron from 242 yards in to a slight breeze, feckin magic dude.

Ya Christy Kerr is very nice:rolleyes:

yeah there is a lot of talk about the power alright, but at the end of the day it's still the guys who can play the whole package who'll win the majors, jb holmes made me laugh the amount of par 4 green he nearly drove and he still only came away with par on most of them. annika is very good but if you paid €35 a month to get the golf last year and had sky ram her down your throat non stop about how she was going to do the grand slam and no man was doing it etc it kinda pissed me off, i'll give her her dues, but bobby jones is the only man to ever do the grand slam, thats the bottom line. (and the way the sports gone i wouldn't bet on any ametuer winning the us or british opens) :(

the lpga tour is a bit strange though, noone is really pressuring annika, i 'd like to see her under real pressure, she did well in the womens world cup , she practically carried her partner, but she's too much for any of the other women
    i wouldn't abondon all hope about the distance hitters yet, freddie had a good year last year.

Edit: Just read faldos column in golf world, he was echoing a lot of what we were discussing, he says about how bunkers should be deepened and fairways narrowed etc on hank haneys comments that "tiger can't hit the fairway cause thats too hard to do when you drive it 350 yards" faldo echos your sentiments of whats wrong with hitting a good 2 iron down the middle.
    i think you're bang on the money there, make the holes more difficult to bring the other clubs into play, instead of the drive/wedge/putt culture that's creeping into the game :D

Advertisement