Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who gets your vote in Ents?

Options
  • 26-02-2006 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, because it seems so very open.

Who will you vote No.1 for Ents? 30 votes

Brian Canny
    0% 0 votes
    Enda Donohue
    40% 12 votes
    James Hartshorn
    36% 11 votes
    Holly Irvine
    3% 1 vote
    Eoghan O'Duinn
    6% 2 votes
    Dave Redmond
    6% 2 votes
    RON
    6% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

jesus can we stop with all the election sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think it's a pretty valid thread TinTin, it directly effects us.

I'm unsure, it's between two of the guys. But there's one candidate I definitely won't be voting for. They don't seem as coherentmanaging their time and the commitments they get involved with as the job leads me to believe is required. The ideas some of the candidates have regarding smaller societies are interesting though.

As an aside, does anyone know then L&H hustings are/were?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Enda for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Enda Donohue ftw.

Top bloke, he's got a lot of experience from workin in BFM too, so he'll know the ropes, and he's got a lot of good ideas for Ents next year.

Best candidate by far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I haven't read all the manifestos but from what I've read and heard no candidate stands out for me and most of their ideas seem quite unoriginal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Ents? I don't give a ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

Brian Canny! He's the man. Who can take a guy in a batsuit seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Holly irvine-she seems nice and is the only one I know anything about!she did a good job for quake aid too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Marx

i think enda's the best candidate by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Probably vote for your man Eoghan, I never go to any SU Ents things anyway, only society organised ones so tbh I don't really care.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Brian Canny is probably the only realistic candidate. He's single-handedly run retro soc for the past two years (last year claiming the small society of the year award). Holly Irvine is my second choice, she's been heavily involved in Ents this year and she seems really nice.

RON comes next for being the rock of UCD sabbatical elections consistantly over the years. Then James Hartshorn (who?), then Skinny, then Enda, then Dave. Enda has an account or two here, he got one banned for spammage as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I think both enda and brian are the two most likely to do well, but tis mr batman donohue who will be getting my number one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 thegaffer

canny all the way his ideas are much better then some of the others.canny has ideas that are inovative and not just what the crowd wants.besides hes a good organiser and will put alot of effort and thought into the job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Brian Canny.
    Nice guy and has proven he can be innovative and implement his ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭the_viper2kie

Its gotta be Dave Redmond. Top man, knows exactly what he's doing! Great friends with Anthony who did a top job this year- the best in years -and Dave was there helping him all the way. At the very least he'll keep doing what Anto does but i'd imagine probably more. And that guy in a batsuit, who the hell does he think he is?! We want someone who's gonna take our SU money and spend it wisely. Ents is the only aspect of SU i like and think it affects most people and the results from a succesful candidate are clearly visable. Go Dave!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

donoghue, despite my spat with him on another thread regarding the SU bar's PA. he's got a lot of good stuff going especially the broadening of the musical taste of the gigs, thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Did anyone see the two girls wandering around the arts block this afternoon with the camcorder?

They literally walked up to people, shoved the camera in their faces and said "Loike, who are you voting for?"

Very ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭beamo

Dave Redmond for me, seems like a good lad, Canny would be last choice, doesnt seem that sincere and that picture on his posters is woeful

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i might have felt differently peachy... but of course only if they were hot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 student-type

Enda Donohue is batman, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

i think hes actually the cute one with the piercing maybe?
    not a fan of flatman at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

enda donogue- plastering pictures of yourself as batman around the place -classy- anyway he seems like a cock, as most people who end up as ents officers are, alto the guy 'Anto' did do better this year in bringing a decent freshers ball, after 4 years of financial loss and The coral. Holly Irvine or hatever her name is, she seems like she has some testicales for the job.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Did anyone see the two girls wandering around the arts block this afternoon with the camcorder?

They literally walked up to people, shoved the camera in their faces and said "Loike, who are you voting for?"

Very ignorant.

Yeah, does anyone know what the story is with them? Who did they represent? Is it going to be broadcast?

Are they just saddos?

The questions we need to answer seem endless

funktastic wrote:
    enda donogue- plastering pictures of yourself as batman around the place -classy- anyway he seems like a cock, as most people who end up as ents officers are,

Enda is a user of this forum so can you lay off the personal abuse, thanks.

well plastering posters around campus of you in a Batman suit may be asking for it? I dunno. No offence, i don't know much about the guy.

funktastic wrote:
    well plastering posters around campus of you in a Batman suit may be asking for it? I dunno. No offence, i don't know much about the guy.

he's going for entertainment officer for god sake! God forbid the chap try and stand out from the crowd.

if you don't know much about the guy then how about you refrain from comments like "he seems like a cock".....do it again and you're out.

Yeah ok tangerine flares

funktastic wrote:
    Yeah ok tangerine flares

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I'd love to see a coalition between Eoghan O'Duinn and Brian Canny. Brian has loads of internal UCD experience, while O'Duinn has the external stuff down. Enda Donoghue seems like fun, and although the Bat suit stands out, I don't know if Belfield FM alone is enough to make a brilliant Ents officer, although I'd love to see him given a chance. Having asked James Hartshorn about some elements of his manifesto I came away wondering if he'd even read it himself and was utterly unsatisfied, but I could have met him on a bad day. Dave Redmond might have experience, but from any dealings I've had with him he's been ridiculously and unnecessarily offensive to both me and friends of mine, however if he could manage it without Anto's help, he'd probably have some pretty snippy ideas. That leaves Holly. She seems like a nice girl, but I don't care who you are, you don't bale on an event you've organised mere hours before it goes ahead. And that's exactly what she did with the Toga party that was being run in aid of Arts day. Arts Day that she stopped organising in order to run her campaign, which was a smart move as both take up huge volumes of time, and she's in final year, but none the less, she could have stuck it out for that night and quit in the morning. I just wonder if she could cope with Ents if she couldn't cope with a single Bondi event. That said, Quake Aid is reported to have been a great success and her idea for a suggestions box is a fantastic one. I think if all the candidates take elements of their opponents manifestos on board, the year could be great next year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement