Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion for sticky

Options
  • 26-02-2006 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

One for the mods but here goes:

Maybe everybody could post up a full list of what their using. This could be handy for knowing each other a bit better and see where everyone is coming from with their posts.
    It could also start a few questions on what everyone is using

Example: i see a member with a certain setup running a certain plugin etc. and i want to find out how they are finding it etc. ?
    It would be handy to be able to get their opinion and experiences with said set up/situation.

might give us a nice sense of community too.

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

jtsuited wrote:
    One for the mods but here goes:

Maybe everybody could post up a full list of what their using. This could be handy for knowing each other a bit better and see where everyone is coming from with their posts.
    It could also start a few questions on what everyone is using

Example: i see a member with a certain setup running a certain plugin etc. and i want to find out how they are finding it etc. ?
    It would be handy to be able to get their opinion and experiences with said set up/situation.

might give us a nice sense of community too.

Anyone?
    Lovely another "look how big my <certain part> is!" thread. Anyway, i've too much gear to name, but ill try, my rig is for homerecording and a lot of video production.

PC: Dell inspiron 630m, 1.6 centrino, a gig of ram. Currently running Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5, Adobe Audition 1.5, Ableton live 5, FL studio 4, Reason 3.0. Currently running a behringer FCA202 firewire 24/96 interface.

Mixer/preampage: Yamaha mg10/2 for vocals, Vox Tonelab for guitar.

Mics: Pair of the T. Bone large membrane studio condensers, very very good for the price, i was surprised. Beyer Dynamic m300 dynamic cardioid. Shure SM-57. Three Behringer super cardioids I use live, cheap and cheerful.

Monitors: Samson Resolv 80a's. Excellent nearfields, 100w biamped per side.

Guitar: Gibson SG with seymour duncans and grovers, ENGL thunder 50 combo, some sweet ass Ibanez mahogany/padauk soundgear bass, too many pedals.

Dont get me started on my video stuff.. Ill add pics later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Computer: Apple 15" powerbook 1.67 ghz g4 running mac osX tiger
    1.5 mb ram Lacie 200gb external hard drive

I/O: Digidesign 002 rack, mbox mk 2

Software: Protools LE 7, Reason 3, Ableton Live 5

Plugins: General protools ones. Personal favourites: Bombfactory Compressor and Amplitube

Monitoring: Genelec 8030's Reference monitors: old set of altecs (pieces of sh1t!!!) Perfect for referencing!!

Mics: Shure Sm58's, Neumann KM 184's

Most importantly i've recently set up a second tft monitor and it's really useful on protools as you're not flicking endlessly between the edit and mix windows!

Come on now everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Pentium 122, 32 megs ram, 6 gig hard drive & 10 gig external SCSI drive, 14" monitor, nvidia 8 meg soundcard, cubasis with soundfonts, shure SM57, ensoniq midi keyboard & sony portable DAT machine. Take the change out of that mofo. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

frobisher wrote:
    Pentium 122, 32 megs ram, 6 gig hard drive & 10 gig external SCSI drive, 14" monitor, nvidia 8 meg soundcard, cubasis with soundfonts, shure SM57, ensoniq midi keyboard & sony portable DAT machine. Take the change out of that mofo. ;)
    Old school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Computer: 2.6gig Athlon, 1gig ram, 160gig and 80gig drives for sound stuff, Creative Audigy EX Platinum soundcard.

Software: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro III (32 tracks) with Amplitube installed.

Effects: Boss ME50, Roland Microcube.

Mic: MXL condenser and Presonus Tube preamp.

Amps: Microcube, Crate 15w, Behringer Ultrabass 1200.

Instruments: Schecter C1 Elite, Fender Squire Strat (vintage!), Century LP copy, Ibanez Iceman bass, Ibanez SR505 5-string bass, cheesy Casio CT650 keyboard, Fender Banjo, Ibanez PF-50 electric-acoustic, Yamaha DTExplorer electronic drum kit.

For Live playing: Behringer Ultrabass 4500 (450w) head, Behringer 1x15 cab with horn, Peavey 100w 4-channel mixer/amp, 2 Yamaha S112V Club Series 5 speakers. And soon (on layaway), a Shure PGX14 wireless headset mic.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DSLC

1st computer:
    • Operating system: Slackware GNU/Linux
    • Processor: Pentium III, 866 MHz
    • 256 MB RAM; 1 GB Swap space
    • 120 GB hard drive
    • Soundcard: M-Audiophile 2496

2nd (shared) computer:
    • Operating system: AGNULA/DeMuDi ( A GNU Linux Audio System )
    • Processor: Pentium IV, 1.7 GHz
    • 256 MB RAM
    • 200 GB hard drive

All the audio applications (..and almost all of the software, actually) on both machines are free software, and include the ones I mentioned in this thread

Equipment:
    • AKG C 3000 B microphone
    • M-Audio buddy pre-amp
    • Jumbo-body Crafter acoustic guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

Dell Optiplex P4 2.8Ghz
    Terratec Phase 88
    Eurodesk 9000
    B2 pro
    HHB Circles
    Tanoys
    Xkeys
    Sonar 4
    Cubase SX
    Hundreds of effects
    Yamaha offboard effects
    Thats the gist of what i running at this moment in time. I swap around depending

As for guits and stuff i aint gonna get into it but POD XT LIVE, Marshall 6101LM, Tokais, Fender, Fernandes etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Computers:

Desktop: Athlon 3500+, 1.5 gigs ram, 2x200gb ide hdd, 2x300gb sata hdd, dual 17" monitors.

Laptop: Pentium M 750, 1 gig ram, 60 gb HDD

Software:

Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Drumkit From Hell, FM7, Pro 53 and various more plug ins.

Recording Hardware:

Lexicon Omega, Samson Servo 170 poweramp, Tannoy Reveal Monitors, 2xShure SM57 mics, Behringer Bass V-Amp Pro (great for recording bass)

Instruments:

Roland PC200 mk2 midi controller, Roland TD6 V-drums, Ibanez RG7420 7 string guitar, *super secret guitar, all will be revealed soon*, Fender Jazz V deluxe 5 string bass.

Amps:

Engl 620 tube preamp, Engl 830 Tube Poweramp, Random Laney bass amp

Effects:

Behringer EQ700 equaliser pedal, Behringer AM100 acoustic modeller (these behringer pedals are savage for the price), Line-6 Uber metal (works great with the eq, and has its own noise suppressor), Boss CS-3 compressor/sustainer, Boss DD-6 Delay, Morley Power Wah (12 euro off ebay and its mint!), Alesis Quadraverb rackmount multi effects.

Tis allI can remember off the top of my head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Beecher wrote:
    Behringer EQ700 equaliser pedal, Behringer AM100 acoustic modeller (these behringer pedals are savage for the price),

Was actually wondering about these pedals. i could not believe the price of them on thomann. €20!!!! or thereabouts. insane!!!
    So are they actually any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

jtsuited wrote:
    Was actually wondering about these pedals. i could not believe the price of them on thomann. €20!!!! or thereabouts. insane!!!
    So are they actually any good?

Amazing really, got both from audiocity for 23 squids delivered each. Have ab'd the eq pedal with the boss eq pedal and recorded both with the same settings (should have the clips here if you are interested), they sound identical but the behringer is slightly less noisy which really suprised me, fantastic pedal! And I love the acoustic simulator, sounds awesome (Actually sounds just like my old parker with the piezo's turned on, will post clips up on request).

Only drawbacks would be the plastic construction (allthough to be fair it seems sturdy enough) and the a/c input is slightly akward to have on the side if you have a group of pedals packed tightly beside each other on a board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Computer: PIV 2.4Ghz, 512Mb Ram. Twin HDDs

Soundcard: Egosys Wamirack (4 in 8 out, 4*midi IO, metering on all channels)

Software: Sonar 2 Studio, FL Studio 6, Band in a Box 9, Jamstix, Audacity

Hardware: Joe Meek meekrophone (condensor) and VC3Q preamp/compressor. Sennheiser dynamic (can't remember model - sounded better than a shure sm57 when I bought it). Behringer Eurodesk 24 channel. Behringer patchbay.

Instruments: Fender Stratocaster (Mex), Epiphone SG, Vintage Les Paul copy, Hohner acoustic with pickup, Fender pro chorus combo amp, Marshall practice amp, yamaha djx keyboard, roland jv1010 sound module. Truckload of free VSTi software instruments.

Effects: Zoom 1204 multifx, Roland GT3, Behringer Vamp, truck load of free VST fx.

Speakers: Wall mounted Tannoy Reveals through technics Hi-Fi amp
    Sennheiser cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Macmini with 1GB of ram and a 12" Powerbook with 768MB of ram. Harmony Audio firewire interface. M-audio O2 usb keyboard. JPW monitors.

Both macs are runing Ableton Live 5, Reason 3, Recycle, Peak 4, and some Arturia softsynths.

Also have a Fender Strat (jap) with a Boss overdrive distortion pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Hardware:
    computer- G5 single 1.8, 512 ram.
    soundcard - M-Audio firewire audiophile
    midi- M-audio Radium 61 midi controller keyboard.
    monitoring - Crappy old yamaha amp and big ass old sony passive studio monitors, both on loan.
    synth - Boss DS-330 old synth module which never gets used.

Software:
    Ableton Live
    Reason 3
    VSTs - Minimonsta, Absynth 3, Vanguard etc

Also glad of:
    19" LCD monitor, Comfy chair, CM magazine, can of coke and a pack of fags.

Advertisement