Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless broadband

• 26-02-2006 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

I am in a position where i need to get hooked up fairly quickly with a wireless broadband connection.
    I can't use a land line ,lines is already split etc.
    I have a ripwave modem at the moment and the 4 month period is up.
    I don't really need a connection for downloads ,skype use would be nice though.
    40 quid a month would be my budget.

I've read about IBB but are the people that are having problems with them IT experts and only displaying minor glitches??
    I don't mind refreshing the odd page, but i'm not prepared to put up with dud connections at all.
    If i do have any problems with my connection ,I'm prepared to take the ariel off my roof myself and return it directly myself.

So please can someone help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

not sure exactly what you are asking.

if you are not worried about downloading, does this meaning you are more concerned about uploading? if so, what? remember with wireless the pings etc are a lot worse than dsl.

i recently got wireless broadband from digiweb (south-laois). not the spec says 512kbps download and 128kbps upload. but that is fine for what myself and the missus require. we had isdn beforehand. the wireless is still faster than the isdn.

broadband is still relatively new where i live. so at the moment it is working out great. my only concern is as it get more popular i.e. digiweb will over subscribe the amount of users!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

Broadband wireless networking ,I still need to get broadband sorted out but i am still no better at deciding which provider, it seems they are all as reliable as priate radio at the moment.
    Can anyone tell me what north dublin provider is best for wireless BB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Try Digiweb Metro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

Will check out digiweb
    When cap is reached on an ISP how does the connection continue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Robert

yes it does but you are charges for all the extra data you go over your cap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Robert wrote:
    yes it does but you are charges for all the extra data you go over your cap

Not necessarily - some will throttle your speed as "punishment", and some may disconnect you after the usual letters / emails of warning. Check with the ISP what their policy is

Bio

Advertisement